Gasoline direct injection
Achieving highly precise engine control demanded by today’s high-end engines is only possible with gasoline direct injection. By and large the biggest challenge is processing more and more data in shorter time intervals, with an increasing proportion of model-based control.
With Infineon you can achieve all this and more. Our microcontrollers feature outstanding computing performance and even set the benchmark in the industry. Also, we offer a virtually complete chipset for all your gasoline direct injection application needs. Take advantage of Infineon’s extensive system know-how – from the entire combustion loop and required components to functional safety and security. Our expertise is second to none in the industry.
- Flexible and scalable product portfolio tailored to the performance and real-time needs of the premium and value segment
- Conforms with the latest emission legislation while delivering the highest possible fuel efficiency and even more driving pleasure
- Benchmark-setting real-time performance facilitates down-sizing, direct injection, turbocharging and highly efficient after-treatment
- New sensor families provide enhanced measurement precision (e.g. ignition control, misfire detection)
- Get to know why systems require frequent updates, how this is done and how automotive systems try to ensure their security when they are updated
- Learn how AURIX™ families of microcontrollers support over-the-air software updates