(H)EV - Main inverter
Within an electric drivetrain, the inverter controls the electric motor. This is a key component in the car as, similar to the Engine Management System (EMS) of combustion vehicles, it determines driving behavior. Regardless of whether the motor is synchronous, asynchronous or brushless DC, the inverter always functions in a similar way and is controlled by an integrated PCB, which should be designed to minimize switching losses and maximize thermal efficiency. Not only does the inverter drive the electric motor, it also captures energy released through regenerative breaking and feeds this back to the battery. As a result, the range of the vehicle is directly related to the efficiency of the main inverter.
(H)EV - Main inverter system diagram
- Fully automotive-qualified product portfolio supporting wide range of motors, generators and power classes
- Highly efficient 3-phase drive thanks to very low conducting losses even at high switching frequencies
- Isolation-integrated in gate driver
- Wide range of 16 and 32-bit microcontroller solutions dedicated to (H)EV applications with a highly cost-effective resolver interface
- Evaluation kit available to reduce system on development time
New HybridPACK™ product portfolio for main inverters
This video showcasts Infineon´s new HybridPACK™, a scalable family of automotive power modules products with different cooling options suitable for main inverters up to 200 kW
Scalability up to the highest power for electric vehicles (xEV) in main inverter
Infineon introduces its large portfolio of IGBT automotive components. Starting from discretes solutions such the main inverter demo implemented by SUNGROW, HybridPACK™ drive power modules, HybridPACK™ 1 DC6 wave, HybridPACK™ drive CoolSiC™, low-loss DuoPack: IGBT in TRENCHSTOP™; and evaluation board for EiceDRIVER™ sense and EiceDRIVER™ Boost
HybridPACK™ Drive | Power modules for main inverter applications
This video introduces our product family of power modules HybridPACK™ Drive. With close to 1 Million modules shipped it is one of the most successful power modules in the open market. We will show how you can benefit from this experience and be part of the success story.
In this training you will:
- Understand how HybridPACK™ DC6i can meet the challenges posed by main inverter applications in terms of system requirements, size, cost and time
- Discover HybridPACK™’s DC6i distinctive features, namely the EDT2 and PressFIT™ technology
Do you want to know the various topologies you can find in this power conversion stage and their top-level working principle? Get to know the basic concepts of passive and two-level active rectification methods.
In this training you will:
- Understand what EV DC charging is and what the specifications of a charger module are
- Know the replacement steps from CFD2 to CFD7 or CSFD in LLC topologies to an EV charging module
With the growing market of electrical vehicles, the industry has put forward more requirements for the performance of charging piles. This e-learning will show you that the emergence of CoolSiC™ MOSFETs has improved the charging pile industry to make the EV charger smaller, faster and with higher efficiency.
In this video, you will:
- Understand how Infineon’s power semiconductor module portfolio is a solution for the main challenges of the electric vehicle industry
- Know Infineon’s general value drivers as well as recent success stories on the electromobility market
- Get to know why systems require frequent updates, how this is done and how automotive systems try to ensure their security when they are updated
- Learn how AURIX™ families of microcontrollers support over-the-air software updates