Brake vehicle stability control
Thanks to their ability to reduce braking distance and keep the car under control in critical situations, a brake vehicle stability control system enhances safety across all classes of cars. But today many vehicle stability control systems feature customer-specific designs, which are cost inefficient. What you need: standard devices engineered to uphold your application’s high safety requirements.
In Infineon’s broad portfolio, find budget-friendly, high-quality solutions for a range of standard safety, automotive microcontrollers, sensors and power devices. All of which help you reach even the highest safety requirements for brake vehicle stability control systems. In fact, our microcontrollers and our wheel speed sensors are proud to be the market leader.
- Vehicle stability control systems can be found in all car classes on our roads, providing safety while reducing braking distances and keeping the car under control in critical situations
- These systems are mandatory in order to achieve the highest possible scores in the various “New Car Assessment Programs” (NCAP) throughout the world and are even legislated in some countries
- Infineon’s range of products for braking systems stretches from scalable microcontrollers, state-of-the-art wheel speed sensors, CAN and FlexRay transceivers to MOSFETs and valve drivers
Electric parking brake
In contrast to cable operated parking break systems of the past, electric parking breaks facilitate the implementation of driver-support features such as hill start assist functions. A low power, highly integrated system that upholds tomorrow’s high safety standards is what you need for application success.
Discover what you can achieve with Infineon’s portfolio of ISO 26262-compliant products. Including our integrated low power automotive microcontrollers and intelligent power supply with wakeup function. Also, uniquely procure electric parking brake solutions with the highest level of integration, namely NovalithIC™ half-bridges and ASIL D-compliant microcontrollers.
- The electric parking brake provides drivers with many more comfort and convenience features than the standard mechanical system
- Hill hold, launch control and roll-away prevention are all possible
- These convenience features are in many cases safetyrelevant and should therefore be implemented using safety-compliant hardware (according ISO 26262)
Electric brake booster
Demands for greater energy efficiency create a need for a more flexible approach to braking systems. Such as the electric brake booster that’s specially designed for next generation brakes common to hybrid and electric cars. When engineering your electric brake booster application, what counts is having the right components available at the right time. Infineon can deliver it all – and offers full-spectrum safety support and expertise.
- Next-generation drivetrains, such as hybrid and electric vehicles and even contemporary highly efficient combustion engines, require a new braking assistance system
- Current systems are mainly dependent on vacuumsgenerated by the combustion engine or vacuum pumps, which use up electrical energy as well as package space under the hood and are not flexible enough for the driver assistance systems of tomorrow
- The above illustration shows the new concept of a fully electric brake booster, incorporating vehicle stability control functionality with an efficient and flexible design
AURIX™ development kit
Power and Sensing Selection Guide 2018
00_00 | Feb 19, 2018 | PDF | 23.91 mb
Automotive Power Selection Guide
01_04 | Jan 01, 2018 | PDF | 12.05 mb
Automotive Application Guide
02_00 | Nov 23, 2016 | PDF | 8.44 mb
Hybrid electric and electric cars
03_00 | Jul 04, 2018 | PDF | 3.41 mb
Make Your Application Wireless-Sub 1GHz RF Solutions
02_00 | Nov 20, 2014 | PDF | 1.59 mb
Product Brochure New TriCore™ Family
03_00 | Feb 22, 2018 | PDF | 10.61 mb
Sensing the world - Sensor solutions for automotive, industrial and consumer applications
May 29, 2017 | PDF | 10.99 mb
Microcontroller Pocket Guide
01_00 | Feb 22, 2018 | PDF | 2.58 mb
Your path to robust and reliable in-vehicle networking, Infineon's automotive networking solutions
01_00 | Nov 21, 2016 | PDF | 8.27 mb
Battery Management for Electric Verhicles
Solutions for Small Electric Vehicles
Powertrain System Part 1
Powertrain System Part 2
BLDC Motor Control
Brushed DC Motors
Stepper Motor Control
AC Induction Motors
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.