EZ-USB™ FX3 USB 5 Gbps Peripheral Controller
USB 5 Gbps to 32-bit data bus with ARM9
Infineon's EZ-USB™ FX3 is the industry’s most versatile USB peripheral controller which can add a USB 5Gbps connectivity to any system.
The second-generation general programmable interface (GPIF II) of EZ-USB™ FX3 can connect to a processor, an image sensor, an FPGA, or an ASIC. Users can program the GPIF (general programmable interface) to behave like a FIFO, an asynchronous SRAM, an address/data multiplexed interface, a CompactFlash or a proprietary interface.
With USB 5 Gbps and USB-C now being a standard connectivity in all PCs, applications such as machine vision and medical imaging will be able to achieve higher quality at lower cost thanks to EZ-USB™ FX3.
Most versatile connectivity
- Add USB 5 Gbps capability to any system
- Up to 32-bits, 100 MHz, parallel general programmable interface (GPIF II)
Enables powerful data processing and customization
- Full accessible 32-bits, 200 MHz, ARM9 core with up to 512 KB of embedded SRAM
Easy code development and integration
- EZ-USB™ is a complete solution that includes silicon, SDK, APIs, GPIF II (general programmable interface) Designer GUI and development kit
USB 2.0 OTG compliance
- Hi-speed On-The-Go (HS-OTG) host and peripheral compliant with On-The-Go supplement version 2.0
Additional connectivity to peripherals
- Easy connectivity to peripherals such as I²C, I²S, UART, SPI and GPIOs
Improved battery charging capabilities
- Compliant with USB BC v1.1
- Lowest total cost (bandwidth per dollar) solution for any high-speed system
- Quick time-to-market with low development costs
- Turn-key solutions on industrial standards
- Read the getting started with FX3 application note and review the FX3 collateral guide for a system-level overview of a design using FX3
- Purchase the new SuperSpeed explorer kit (CYUSB3KIT-003) or the FX3 development kit (CYUSB3KIT-001)
- Download and install the relevant setup file which includes: