Double Hall switch with two output pins for industrial applications with a rotating pole wheel
Our new XENSIVTM TLI4966G Hall sensor is a double Hall switches with two output pins for applications with a rotating pole wheel. The sensor provides a speed and direction signal at the interface pins. This information can be directly used to realize a robust index counting system for anti-pinch prevention.
The standard solution for index counting is realized by two Hall Latches. The TLI4966G comprises two integrated Hall plates enabling a small and cost effective system with only one sensor.
The fixed distance of the Hall plates ensures the optimal solution to cancel out mounting uncertainties and reduces overall system tolerances. The built in direction detection is reliable and provides with each index step a valid direction signal. Additional development of algorithms for direction detection becomes obsolete.
The speed and direction signals of the XENSIV™ TLI4966G can be fed directly into the capture/compare unit of a standard µController. This ensures a fast and easy system set up. The speed signal comes directly from the two integrated Hall elements, while the direction detection is calculated by a µController. The monolithic solution ensures minimal tolerances and a highly reliable system.
A lot of index counting sensors operate at remote locations. The TLI4966G family is equipped with robust supply and I/O pins that allows system designers to realize remote sensor modules with a minimum of additional hardware components.
Summary of Features
- 2.7 V to 24 V supply voltage operation
- Operation from unregulated power supply
- High sensitivity and high stability of the magnetic switching points
- High resistance to mechanical stress by Active Error Compensation
- Reverse battery protection (-18 V)
- Superior temperature stability
- Peak temperatures up to 125°C without damage
- Low jitter (typ. 1 μs)
- Digital output signals
- Bipolar version
- Excellent matching between the 2 Hall probes
- Hall plate distance 1.45 mm
- Direction & speed information
- Direction signal switches before the speed signal
- SMD package PG-TSOP6-6-9
- Power closure systems for Anti-pinch detection
- Garage doors
- Electric shutters
- Sun blinds
- Automated doors