With the HITFET™ and TEMPFET™ product families Infineon offers a wide range of Low-Side Switches
Low-Side Switches subcategories
The HITFET™ family is Infineon's solution for low-side power switch ICs and stands for “Highly Integrated Temperature protected FET”.
HITFET™ low-side switches are versatile power transistors ideally designed for automotive and industrial applications. Their built-in intelligence and protective features offer significant cost and PCB reduction, shorter time to market and improved performance & reliability over conventional, discrete solutions. All HITFET™ sub-families offer protection against overload, overvoltage, short-circuit, excessive temperature and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
To answer all your needs in power switching for low-side applications, we designed several sub-families:
- HITFET™+ 12 V is Infineon’s new generation of protected low-side switches for automotive and industrial applications. A novel technology enables a significant reduction in package size (of up to 50 percent) compared to the existing Classic HITFET™ 12 V portfolio. HITFET™+ 12 V devices provide the ultimate design flexibility. The family consists of standard and fully featured low-side switches scaling from 11 mΩ to 125 mΩ in two different packages: PG-TO-252 and PG-TDSO-8. These devices are able to switch all kinds of resistive, inductive and capacitive loads.
- HITFET™+ 24 V is capable of driving PWM signals of up to 20 kHz. It is the first fast low-side switch that comes in a PG-TDSO-8 package, which is five times smaller than package from competition, thus paving the way for cost and PCB-space savings. A status pin enables the microcontroller to detect and diagnose failures faster. The device also comes with improved temperature protection that leads to ten times more robustness against short circuits. The 24 V family is an ideal switch for braking, transmission and compressor systems.
- Classic HITFET™ 12 V is the established low-side switches family for automotive and industrial applications. Thanks to their proven technology, the reliable devices are the right solution for applications that require high robustness and energy capability. The family consists of single and dual channel switches from 10 mΩ to 800 mΩ in three different packages (PG-TO252, PG-SOT223 and PG-DSO-8).
- Classic HITFET™ 24 V is the proven low-side switches family for harsh environment automotive and industrial applications as well as for construction & agricultural vehicles (CAV). The scalable single and dual channel devices are available from 18 mΩ to 550 mΩ in PG-TO252, PG-SOT223 and PG-DSO-8 packages.
- TEMPFET™ are temperature protected low-side switches and provide the first level of protection with its temperature sensor. The sensor is available on external pins to enable fast switching and flexible temperature response control. The family, which is established in the market for almost 30 years, offers products from 6.5mOhm to 18mOhm in PG-TO220 and PG-TO263 packages suitable for fast switching applications. The whole portfolio is qualified and optimized for 24V automotive and industrial applications.