DC Motor System ICs
Infineon’s DC Motor System IC is the world first IC to combine DC motor control with supply functionalities such as power supply, CAN FD & LIN
Infineon’s Motor System IC family offers high integration and high performance with optimized system cost for DC motor control applications. It combines advanced half-bridge gate drivers with power and communication supply. The family features multi MOSFET driver in brushed DC 2x or 4x half bridges pre-driver configuration. The drivers offer Infineon’s patented Adaptive MOSFET Control concept. The IC is complemented with a low-dropout voltage regulator of up to 250mA, CAN FD (5 Mbit/s) and LIN transceiver as well as well as high-side switches (7Ω typ.), wake inputs and supervision features.
Our highly integrated System-on-Chip solutions have various substantial benefits through advanced diagnosis features and minimized number of components.
Space saving: combining the features of a supply with a multi MOSFET driver IC in a single VQFN-48 pin package with 7mm x 7mm footprint
Energy saving: Offers intelligent power saving modes including stop and sleep mode, and the lowest quiescent current
High system reliability: Extensive diagnostics and protections (e.g. fail-safe output, watchdog, fail-safe operating mode) are embedded within the System-on-Chip
Reduced cost: Minimum number of external components reduce BOM cost, part placing and development, purchasing, handling and PCB sizing
Multiple and flexible designs: Platform approach reduces development efforts, increase time to market and reduce design costs
TLE9560: B4 pre-driver for single DC motor with adaptive MOSFET control up to 100mA constant gate charge
TLE9561/2: B8 pre-driver for up to three DC motor with adaptive MOSFET control up to 100mA constant gate charge
TLE9563/4: B6 pre-driver for single BLDC motor with adaptive MOSFET control up to 150mA constant gate charge
- 5V Linear Regulator up to 250mA
- CAN FD up to 5Mbps
- CAN PN and FD Tolerant (“-3” variants)
- 2B / J2602 (in TLE9560/2/4)
- Up to 4 High Side Switches (with 7W on-resistance)
- Up to 5 Wake Inputs
- Up to 6 PWM inputs
Infineon's Motor System ICs use a patented concept of adaptive MOSFET gate drive. This multi-stage slew rate control enables EMC tuning via SPI, including adjusting slew rate with independence from dead-time and turn on/off delays. The on-board measurement and self-adaption of external MOSFET switching times allows balancing of power dissipation vs. EMC performance, adjusts for MOSFET lot-to-lot variations and reduces the need of end-of-line calibration effort.
- First IC with integrated half-bridge driver, power supply and communication interface in the market significantly reducing the required board space and amount of component counts
- MOSFET-independent switching time gives the targeted EMC/switching losses trade-off without binning or calibration
- Self-adaption of external MOSFET switching allows balancing of power dissipation vs. EMC performance and reducing the power dissipation in the FW MOSFET
- Reduced amount of external components (e.g. resistor, diode, capacitor) due to Adaptive MOSFET Control
- Peerless scalability within the Motor System IC (amount of Half-bridges and transceiver) and additional Multi MOSFET Driver IC to reduce time-to-market
- Extends battery life with very low quiescent current modes
- Meets major car OEM requirements with excellent EMC and ESD performance
Infineon tools in one place
The Infineon Toolbox integrates helpful software for our customers. For product development please use the Config Wizard for Motor Control IC.
Infineon Toolbox can be downloaded here: Download Infineon Toolbox
|Config Wizard for Motor Control IC allows easy configuration of Automotive products.|
|This tool allows the user to calculate the power dissipation of a selected device and if applicable then of external power devices.|