Ballast ICs for UV-C disinfection lamps
UV-C disinfection lamps are gaining strong momentum due to the COVID-19 pandemic. UV-C is highly effective in fighting against viruses due to its wavelengths that contain a high amount of energy. Within UV-C lamps, the fluorescent based incumbent technology is seeing a revival.
Ballast control ICs from Infineon integrate all functions required to operate fluorescent lamps such as preheat-, ignition-, run-mode and protection features required by state-of-the-art and future fluorescent lamp ballasts. With digital mixed signal power control ballast ICs employ enabling speedy, cost effective and stable ballast designs with a minimum of external components. Using Infineon's proprietary coreless transformer technology (CLT) reliable and robust high voltage isolation is achieved by.
- Integrated high performance PFC stage
- Intelligent digital/mixed signal power control
- Integrated high voltage half bridge driver
- All parameters set using only resistors
- Highly accurate timing and frequency control over a wide temperature range