Single-stage flyback LED controller for constant voltage output
The ICL8810 is a single-stage flyback LED controller for constant voltage output, tailored for LED lighting applications. With its benchmarking performance for power factor correction and total harmonic distortion at full-load and low-load conditions, ICL8810 enables window drivers and platform designs. Furthermore, the IC combines optimum efficiency and low EMI without compromising light quality.
Summary of Features
- Optimized as secondary-side-regulated (SSR) constant voltage (CV) output flyback controller, also well suited for PSR
- Power factor (PF) > 0.9 and THD < 10% across a wide load range (AC input up to 277Vrms)
- Integrated burst mode enables a very low stand-by power < 100mW
- Critical conduction mode and quasi-resonant mode with smart valley hopping
- External start-up circuit control signal
- Comprehensive set of protections (OVP, OCP, etc.)
- Low BOM for wide range of applications with dual-stage topologies and PFC functionality
- Enables platform design and window drivers
- Ideally suited for smart lighting applications in connection with microcontrollers
- Optimum efficiency and low EMI at low BOM without compromising light quality
- Cost-effective and bottom-up design
- Flexibility and low BOM for many applications
Its comprehensive set of protection features and bottom-up design ensure easy design-in and require a minimum number of external components, thus having a perfect price/performance ratio. The controller is optimized as a secondary-side regulated (SSR) constant voltage (CV) output flyback controller and is also well suited for primary-side regulation (PSR). Therefore, ICL8810 ensures flexibility for many applications.
ICL8810 is the advanced variant of the ICL88xx family. With its additionally integrated burst mode, the controller enables a very low stand-by power < 100mW. Consequently, more power budget for additional components can be used and ICL8810 is ideally suited for smart lighting applications in connection with microcontrollers.
For further applications and to scale features according to your needs, check out