Single-stage flyback LED controller for constant voltage output
The ICL8800 is a single-stage flyback LED controller for constant voltage output, tailored for LED lighting applications. With its benchmarking performance in power factor correction and total harmonic distortion at full-load and low-load conditions, ICL8800 enables window drivers and platform designs. Furthermore, the IC combines optimum efficiency and low EMI without compromising light quality.
Summary of Features
- Optimized as secondary-side-regulated (SSR) constant voltage (CV) output flyback controller, also well suited for PSR
- Power factor (PF) > 0.9 and THD < 10% across a wide load range (AC input up to 277Vrms)
- Critical conduction mode and quasi-resonant mode with smart valley hopping
- External start-up circuit control signal
- Comprehensive set of protections (OVP, OCP, etc.)
- Low BOM for a wide range of applications with dual-stage topologies and PFC functionality
- Enables platform design and window drivers
- Optimum efficiency and low EMI at low BOM without compromising light quality
- Cost-effective and bottom-up design
- Flexibility and low BOM for many applications
Its comprehensive set of protection features and bottom-up design ensure easy design-in and require a minimum number of external components, thus having a perfect price/performance ratio.
The controller is optimized as a secondary-side regulated (SSR) constant voltage (CV) output flyback controller and is also well suited for primary-side regulation (PSR). Therefore, ICL8800 ensures flexibility for many applications.
ICL8800 is the basic featured variant of the ICL88xx family.
For further applications and features: