Single-channel isolated gate-driver IC in 150 mil DSO-8 package
The EiceDRIVER™ 1EDB family of single-channel gate-driver ICs provides an input-to-output isolation of 3 kVrms.
With +6/-4 ns propagation delay accuracy the gate driver family is optimized for fast-switching applications with high system-level efficiencies. To support functionally safe system operation the common-mode transient immunity (CMTI) exceeds 300V/ns, the typical output stage clamping speed is as short as 20 ns, and output-stage undervoltage lock-out (UVLO) of 14.4 V.
The 1EDB gate driver family is available in 8-pin DSO packages. The industry-standard pinout has separate source and sink output pins to ease application design tasks. Single-channel isolated gate driver ICs solve PCB-layout problems in high-power factor controllers (PFC) and high-voltage DCDC stages. Applications also include multi-level topologies and use-cases with 557 Vrms working voltage (pollution class II).
Summary of Features
- 3 kVrms galvanic isolation
- UL 1577 certification
- 300 V/ns CMTI
- Low output impedance
- +6/-4 ns propagation delay accuracy
- 20 ns (typ.) output clamping speed
- UVLO_OFF of 14.4 V
- Excellent immunity against switching noise
- Hardware-based protection to stay in safe operation area (SOA)
- Shoot-through protection during start-up
- Low MOSFET switching-losses
- Low dead-time losses