3-Phase Bridge Driver with Integrated ARM® Cortex® M3
Infineon has combined its wealth of experience in motor control drivers for automotive applications with all the benefits of an industry-standard core. The unique result, our 3rd Generation Embedded Power IC based on ARM® Cortex®-M cores, addresses a wide range of smart 3-Phase Brushless DC motor control applications like, fuel pumps, HVAC fans, engine cooling fans, electrical water pumps.
Produced on Infineon’s first-in-industry automotive qualified 130nm Smart Power technology, the Infineon Embedded Power System-on-Chip solutions offer an unmatched level integration and system cost to performance to optimization for the target application segments.
The TLE987x family offers scalability in terms of Flash memory sizes and MCU system clock frequency supporting a wide range of motor control algorithms, either sensor-based or sensor-less. It uses the same MCU and peripherals as the TLE986x family, 2-Phase driver, enabling design synergies between DC and BLDC motor control applications.
The new Infineon® Embedded Power IC is supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compiler, debugger, evaluation board, LIN low level driver and configuration tool as well as example software code for Motor Control.
- Data processing, actuation and sensing are integrated into a System-on-Chip solution
- PCB space saving enabled by a leadless VQFN package with 7x7mm footprint
- Reduces motor control PCB size and weight
- Offers intelligent power saving modes including stop and sleep mode, and supports energy management (on demand)
- Extensive diagnostics and protections are embedded within the System-on-Chip
- Both the Embedded Power IC and the external MOFESTS can be protected with a reverse polarity MOSFET
- Monolithic integration minimize PCB interconnections
- Minimum number of external components reduce
- BOM cost
- Part placing
- Compatible software reduces design costs
- Reduced development time due to platform approach
- Simplifies EMC design based on slope programmable MOSFET driver
- ARM® Cortex®-M3 MCU
- System clock up to 40MHz
- Up to 128kB Flash memory
- 4K EEPROM emulation
- NFET drivers with charge pump
- Current programmable NFET driver with patented slope control for optimized EMC behavior
- Integrated LIN transceiver compatible with LIN standard 2.2 and SAE J2602
- Supports fast programming via LIN
- Direct memory access (DMA)
- 10-Bit SAR ADC for sensing
- Timers for PWM signal generation for 3 -Phase motor control
- On chip oscillator & PLL
Infineon® Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
|Step 1||Arm Keil µVision||
Download and install
|Step 3||SEGGER J-Link||
Download and Install
Segger J-Link driver
Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
Together with our partners (Preferred Design Houses) we offer an optimized open market customer support for systems using our embedded Power products. They are trained to provide application- and product-specific support.
(Free of Charge)
to be agreed between customers and PDH
How to get an Infineon Embedded Power Preferred Design House (PDH):
Please contact email@example.com
How to get in touch base with the Infineon Embedded power PDH support line:
Please contact ePowerPDH-Support@infineon.com
The Infineon Partner Network is a worldwide ecosystem of qualified companies offering the knowledge and experience to enable and implement Infineon products in our target applications and markets.
Our Program is open to companies who have developed a proven expertise in designing products, solutions or services leveraging Infineon components.
Members of the program benefit from privileged access to information, discount on tools, trainings and promotion.
|Infineon Partner Program Benefits||Associated Partner||Preferred Partner||Premium Partner|
|Use of Infineon's logo|
|Use of Infineon's Partner Program logo|
|Partner listed on www.infineon.com/partner-network/|
|Priority technical support at www.infineon.com/support|
|Discount on standard trainings|
|Discount on development tools|
|Joint promotion at key events|
|Lead generation from the Infineon network|
|Priority access to product marketing & sales relevant content|
|Partner highlighted in Infineon's newsletter|
|Online Marketing blasts through Infineon's communication channels|
|Joint marketing campaigns|
|Advanced training on IFX products & applications|
|Partnership announcement through press release|
|Dedicated contact person at Infineon|
|Participation in joint collaboration projects|
|Participation in in-house workshops|
- Fuel pump
- HVAC blower
- Engine cooling fan
- Water pumps
- High efficiency BLDC pumps and fans
- Sensor-less and sensor-based BLDC motor applications controlled by the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) or PWM
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.