TLE9879QXA40 is used for BLDC motor control applications such as pumps and fans
The TLE9879QXA40 is part of the TLE987x product family. The TLE9879QXA40 is a single chip 3-Phase motor driver that integrates the industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms such as field-oriented control. It includes six fully integrated NFET drivers optimized to drive a 3-Phase motor via six external power NFETs, a charge pump enabling low voltage operation and programmable current along with current slope control for optimized EMC behavior. Its peripheral set includes a current sensor, a successive approximation ADC synchronized with the capture and compare unit for PWM control and 16-bit timers. A LIN transceiver is also integrated to enable communication to the device along with a number of general purpose I/Os. It includes an on-chip linear voltage regulator to supply external loads.
It is a highly integrated automotive qualified device enabling cost and space efficient solutions for mechatronic BLDC motor drive applications such as pumps and fans.
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
For more information about the tool chain installation steps, watch our video "Toolchain Installation for Embedded Power ICs / TLE98xx".
Download and Install
Download and Install
|STEP 4||Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
(see step 1)
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.
Additional Tools for Design-in
Embedded Power ICs provide a built-in boot strap loader (BSL) for programming the system-on-chip devices over the built-in LIN transceiver or UART. The uIO Stick acts as an interface between the TLE98xx device and a PC. It handles the BSL protocols as well as the physical layers. A PC application (uIO BSL Tool) provides access to all BSL functions of the Embedded Power device.
The Micro Inspector (Pro) is a graphical visualization tool for embedded software based on Arm® Cortex®-M cores. It provides a simple & clean GUI where only relevant buttons & tabs are displayed. No programming knowledge is required. It provides a possibility to read & write the memory of embedded target processor during run time and offers a set of tool features (indicators & virtual controls) on graphical dashboards, which can be mapped to the memory locations.
Micro Inspector with a read-only view is free of charge and can be downloaded via the Infineon Toolbox.
Micro Inspector Pro offers the option to save your own dashboards. This version can be requested via our TAC and comes with a yearly fee of 399€/license.
- The Power Dissipation Tool is an interface that helps you estimate the power dissipation and the temperature of the chip. It is available for the whole Embedded Power IC family.
- The Power Dissipation Tool can be installed via the Infineon Toolbox. If you don`t have the Infineon Toolbox yet, please go to Infineon Toolbox and enjoy the release management for updates.
IHR and Vector are proven partners for drivers and driver configuration tools compatible with Infineon`s range of Embedded Power ICs, and support LIN specifications 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1. The offered solution provides a wide range of options for designers, with reliable testing specifications, intuitive operation, and diagnostic services.
Use our simulation models to understand the behavior of the Embedded Power devices.
- The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver contains programmable current-driven gate drivers. The TLE986x_7x_BDRV Bridge Driver PSpice Model provides one gate driver instance as a PSpice subcircuit and covers all first-order effects which are relevant for investigations on timings and power dissipation of the external MOSFETs.The TLE986x/7x CSA contains the Current Sense Amplifier block.
- The TLE986x/7x CSA PSpice / Saber / SIMetrix models provide the CSA instance as a PSPICE / Saber / SIMetrix subcircuit, allowing to perform transient and DC sweep analysis. The models include the main parameters in order to properly configure the CSA, as reported in the TLE986x/7x datasheets and user manuals.
- The IBIS (Input/output Buffer Information Specification) model provides information about the digital inputs/output buffers of the respective projects. The model can be used to perform various board level, signal integrity (SI) simulations and timing analyses.
Automotive Motor Control – Understandable
Welcome to our new training series “Automotive Motor Control - Understandable”. This series is aimed at all those who have something to do with electric motors and motor control in Automotive or want to get a first overview. The topics covered within the training have furthermore been tailored to auxiliary units such as pumps and fans.