High Reliability subcategoriesCollapse all subcategories Expand all subcategories
High reliability memory, power conversion and RF solutions for extreme environments
Space and other harsh environment applications pose unique challenges for today's system designers. System electronics must be capable of withstanding severe thermal, mechanical and radiation conditions with expected lifespans measured in decades.
Infineon offers a unique portfolio of high-reliability, radiation-hardened memory, power and RF solutions for extreme conditions, such as those found in space, aviation, defense and other extreme environment industries. Our expansive portfolio includes:
• Secure, rad hard and high reliability memories
• High reliability and rad hard power MOSFETs and ICs
• RF microwave transistors and diodes
• Rad hard and high reliability hybrid DC-DC converters and PCB-based power supplies
• Rad hard solid state relays
• Space Schottkys and rectifiers
• Custom high reliability solutions including die and wafer sales, extreme environment solutions, custom-screened products and RF foundry services
Infineon is your trusted source for premium performance, high reliability electronics. Our solutions are used throughout aviation, defense, space and other harsh environment applications. Whether you’re designing satellite bus platforms or payloads, RF communications or other systems, we offer a broad selection of rad hard and ruggedized solutions qualified to European Space Agency (ESA) and Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) standards for our global customers.
Infineon, along with its IR HiRel subsidiary, provides a powerful combination with unique synergies for our customers. Explore our space-grade memory solutions, high-reliability RF and rad hard power conversion portfolio:
Unlike standard commercial products, HiRel products must be submitted to various levels of quality conformance testing to ensure that the products are capable of performing to specifications in the often harsh environments of military and space applications. Both the United States and European community have each developed specifications that detail the sequence of quality conformance testing.
- In Europe, the European Space Agency (ESA) is the controlling agency and has issued specifications that govern the quality conformance testing sequence performed on discrete semiconductor components, hermetically sealed and die, namely ESCC-5000.
- In the United States, the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is the controlling agency and has issued specifications that govern the quality conformance testing sequence performed on semiconductor devices and hybrid modules, namely MIL-PRF-19500/MIL-STD-750, MIL-PRF-38534/MIL-STD-883 and MIL-PRF-38535/MIL-STD-883.
MIL-PRF-19500/MIL-STD-750 are the controlling specifications for discrete semiconductors such as diodes and power MOSFETs. MIL-PRF-19500 directs discrete semiconductors to be manufactured to either JAN, JANTX, JANTXV, or JANS levels (Note: the JAN level is not allowed for MOSFETs).
Infineon HiRel hermetic products are available as (1) commercial hermetic, designated (P) with the same fit, form and function as the flight parts and without radiation hardness or screening per Chart F3 in ESCC Generic Specification No. 5000, or (2) ESCC-5000 space-qualified for flight use. Such parts are denoted as (ES). Infineon-branded rad hard MOSFETs are also available as qualified bare die.
International Rectifier HiRel Products Group manufactures and tests hermetic products to one of three distinct quality conformance levels: (1) commercial hermetic, (2) source control drawing (SCD), or (3) MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-PRF-38535 qualified. Select products are also available as bare die.
Screening and Quality Conformance Inspection Requirements
Class H: Class H is the standard military quality level provided in MIL-PRF-38534, General Specification for Hybrid Microcircuits. It is intended for space applications.
Level B: Class level B defines the screening requirements for high reliability military applications as specified in MIL-STD-883 and is intended for use in class H products.
Level S: Class level S defines the screening requirements for high reliability space applications as specified in MIL-STD-883 and is intended for use in class K products.
JAN: JAN (Joint Army Navy) is the prefix assigned by the DLA to designate devices on the DLA qualified parts list.
JANTX: Military screening level as specified in MIL-PRF-19500 for a DLA qualified device.
JANTXV: Military with visual inspection screening level as specified in MIL-PRF-19500 for a DLA qualified device.
JANS: Space level screening as specified in MIL-PRF-19500 for a DLA qualified device.