Get the motor spinning – a complete offering for motor control with MOTIX™ Embedded Power and XENSIV™ Sensors
The MOTIX™ 12V Motor Control Kit is an ideal start into the world of Infineon’s offering for motor control. The motor control kit includes a market-proven chipset, is already assembled and ready to use to spin the motor within seconds.
It is designed to enable rapid prototyping and evaluation of low voltage motor control application such as auxiliary pumps and fans or any other 3-phase low-voltage BLDC motor. It features:
- TLE9879QXA40: This device is a part of MOTIX™ Embedded Power IC and a single chip 3-phase motor driver, System-on-Chip (SoC) solution. It integrates an industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core along with LIN transceiver, bridge driver and power supply, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms such as sensorless field-oriented control (FOC).
- TLE5012B-E1000 (IIF variant): The TLE5012B is a 360° angle sensor that detects the orientation of a magnetic field. This is achieved by measuring sine and cosine angle components with monolithic integrated Giant Magneto Resistance (iGMR) elements. These raw signals (sine and cosine) are digitally processed internally to calculate the angle orientation of the magnetic field (magnet). The TLE5012B is a pre-calibrated sensor.
- TLE4968-1L: TLE4968-1L is an integrated hall effect switch dedicated for highly accurate applications. The sensor provides superior supply voltage capability, operating temperature range and temperature stability of the magnetic thresholds.
All devices are automotive qualified enabling cost and space efficient solutions for mechatronic BLDC motor drive applications. The motor control kit comes with example code which is pre-flashed, so the motor will run instantly after plugged in. The source code is available for the user to analyze, understand and adapt different motor control schemes.
Enjoy this unique out-of-the-box experience for motor control!
Summary of Features
- TLE9879 EVALKIT with
- 3-Phase N-MOS Bridge
- Single Shunt in GND path
- integrated LIN (inside device)
- Virtual Com Port via J-Link
- Debug LEDs and
- onboard Segger J-Link debugger
- TLE5012B with
- 360° angle measurement with revolution counter and angle speed measurement
- 15 bit absolute angle value (resolution of 0.01°)
- Max. 1.0° angle error over lifetime and temperature-range
- Bi-directional SSC Interface up to 8 Mbit/s
- Programmable Interfaces: IIF, PWM, Hall Switch Mode, SPC
- Supports Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- TLE4968-1L with
- 3.0 V to 32 V operating supply voltage
- Operation from unregulated power supply
- Overvoltage capability up to 42 V without external resistor
- Active error compensation
- Low jitter (typ. 0.35 μs)
- High stability of magnetic thresholds
- LEDs mounted on PCB for better visibility of the switching events
- Rapid Prototyping due to pre-assembled kit including example software
- Full system solution for motor control including TLE9879 Evalkit, angle & hall switch PCBs, motor, cables and 3D printed housing
- The most common types of motor control algorithms are implemented. The user can compare them and select the best for his needs: Sensorless vs. Hall-Sensors vs. Angle Sensor
- Block-Commutation vs. Field-Oriented-Control
- Market proven chipset
- Hardware and Software both in one pack
- Complete tool chain for software development available including several application notes
- 3-phase BLDC motor application
Automotive Motor Control – Understandable
Welcome to our new training series “Automotive Motor Control - Understandable”. This series is aimed at all those who have something to do with electric motors and motor control in Automotive or want to get a first overview. The topics covered within the training have furthermore been tailored to auxiliary units such as pumps and fans.