Get the motor spinning – a complete offering for motor control with MOTIX™ Embedded Power and XENISV™ Sensors
The 12V motor control kit is an ideal start into the world of Infineon’s offering for motor control. The motor control kit includes a market-proven chipset, is already assembled and ready-to-use to spin the motor within seconds.
It is designed to enable rapid prototyping and evaluation of low voltage motor control application such as auxiliary pumps and fans or any other 3-phase low-voltage BLDC motor. It features:
- TLE9879QXA40: This device is a part of MOTIX™ Embedded Power IC and a single chip 3-phase motor driver, System-on-Chip (SoC) solution. It integrates an industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core along with LIN transceiver, bridge driver and power supply, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms such as sensorless field-oriented control (FOC).
- TLE5012B-E1000 (IIF variant): The TLE5012B is a 360° angle sensor that detects the orientation of a magnetic field. This is achieved by measuring sine and cosine angle components with monolithic integrated Giant Magneto Resistance (iGMR) elements. These raw signals (sine and cosine) are digitally processed internally to calculate the angle orientation of the magnetic field (magnet). The TLE5012B is a pre-calibrated sensor.
- TLE4968-1L: TLE4968-1L is an integrated hall effect switch dedicated for highly accurate applications. The sensor provides superior supply voltage capability, operating temperature range and temperature stability of the magnetic thresholds.
All devices are automotive qualified enabling cost and space efficient solutions for mechatronic BLDC motor drive applications. The motor control kit comes with example code which is pre-flashed, so the motor will run instantly after plugged in. The source code is available for the user to analyze, understand and adapt different motor control schemes.
Enjoy this unique out-of-the-box experience for motor control!
Summary of Features
- TLE9879 EVALKIT with
- 3-Phase N-MOS Bridge
- Single Shunt in GND path
- integrated LIN (inside device)
- Virtual Com Port via J-Link
- Debug LEDs and
- onboard Segger J-Link debugger
- TLE5012B with
- 360° angle measurement with revolution counter and angle speed measurement
- 15 bit absolute angle value (resolution of 0.01°)
- Max. 1.0° angle error over lifetime and temperature-range
- Bi-directional SSC Interface up to 8 Mbit/s
- Programmable Interfaces: IIF, PWM, Hall Switch Mode, SPC
- Supports Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- TLE4968-1L with
- 3.0 V to 32 V operating supply voltage
- Operation from unregulated power supply
- Overvoltage capability up to 42 V without external resistor
- Active error compensation
- Low jitter (typ. 0.35 μs)
- High stability of magnetic thresholds
- LEDs mounted on PCB for better visibility of the switching events
- Rapid Prototyping due to pre-assembled kit including example software
- Full system solution for motor control including TLE9879 Evalkit, angle & hall switch PCBs, motor, cables and 3D printed housing
- The most common types of motor control algorithms are implemented. The user can compare them and select the best for his needs: Sensorless vs. Hall-Sensors vs. Angle Sensor
- Block-Commutation vs. Field-Oriented-Control
- Market proven chipset
- Hardware and Software both in one pack
- Complete tool chain for software development available including several application notes
- 3-phase BLDC motor application
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
For more information about the tool chain installation steps, watch our video "Toolchain Installation for Embedded Power ICs / TLE98xx".
|Toolchain Installation Steps||Company||Description|
Download and Install
Download and Install
|STEP 4||Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
(see step 1)
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.
Additional Tools for Design-in
Embedded Power ICs provide a built-in boot strap loader (BSL) for programming the system-on-chip devices over the built-in LIN transceiver or UART. The uIO Stick acts as an interface between the TLE98xx device and a PC. It handles the BSL protocols as well as the physical layers. A PC application (uIO BSL Tool) provides access to all BSL functions of the Embedded Power device.
The Micro Inspector (Pro) is a graphical visualization tool for embedded software based on Arm® Cortex®-M cores. It provides a simple & clean GUI where only relevant buttons & tabs are displayed. No programming knowledge is required. It provides a possibility to read & write the memory of embedded target processor during run time and offers a set of tool features (indicators & virtual controls) on graphical dashboards, which can be mapped to the memory locations.
Micro Inspector with a read-only view is free of charge and can be downloaded via the Infineon Toolbox.
Micro Inspector Pro offers the option to save your own dashboards. This version can be requested via our TAC and comes with a yearly fee of 399€/license.
- The Power Dissipation Tool is an interface that helps you estimate the power dissipation and the temperature of the chip. It is available for the whole Embedded Power IC family.
- The Power Dissipation Tool can be installed via the Infineon Toolbox. If you don`t have the Infineon Toolbox yet, please go to Infineon Toolbox and enjoy the release management for updates.
IHR and Vector are proven partners for drivers and driver configuration tools compatible with Infineon´s range of Embedded Power ICs, and support LIN specifications 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1. The offered solution provides a wide range of options for designers, with reliable testing specifications, intuitive operation, and diagnostic services.
Automotive Motor Control – Understandable
Welcome to our new training series “Automotive Motor Control - Understandable”. This series is aimed at all those who have something to do with electric motors and motor control in Automotive or want to get a first overview. The topics covered within the training have furthermore been tailored to auxiliary units such as pumps and fans.