The most energy efficient, high density, reliable data logging memories
EXCELON™, Infineon's next-generation Ferroelectric RAM (F-RAM) memory, delivers the industry’s lowest-power mission-critical nonvolatile memory, by combining ultra-low-power operation with high-speed interfaces, instant nonvolatility and unlimited read/write cycle endurance. This makes EXCELON™ the ideal data-logging memory for portable medical, wearable, IoT sensor, industrial and automotive applications.
Density: 2Mbit, 4Mbit, 8Mbit
Interface: SPI, QSPI
- High performance - More than 10x increase in performance with a 108Mhz serial QSPI interface vs today's SPI FRAMs
- Ultra-Low-Energy - Up to 70x reduction in typ. standby currents vs. F-RAMs today, along with inrush current control
- Low Supply Voltage - Supports 1.71V to 1.89V operating voltage in addition to the wide voltage 1.8V to 3.6V range
- High Density - Industry’s highest density serial nonvolatile RAM offering up to 16Mbits of storage for datalogging
EXCELON™ Ultra – High-Performance F-RAM for Industrial Automation
- Low-pin-count 108 MHz QSPI interface that is as fast as a parallel interface with 35 ns burst access time.
- Read/write endurance of 100 trillion cycles to log data continuously for 15-20 years at 85°C.
- Single chip to replace a multi-component solution (SRAM + battery + power management controller).
EXCELON™ Auto - High Reliability F-RAM for Automotive Event Data Recorder
- AEC-Q100 qualified and Functional Safety (ISO 26262) compliant memory
- Read/write endurance of 10 trillion cycles to log data every 10 microseconds for 20 years
- Robust performance at higher automotive operating temperatures from -40°C to +125°C
EXCELON™ LP - Ultra-Low-Energy F-RAM for Portable Medical devices and Wearables
- Multiple power-saving modes – Hibernate, Deep Power Down and Standby
- 200x less energy than EEPROMs and 3,000x less energy than NOR Flash
- Inrush current control to minimize surge current on power up
- Read/write endurance of 1,000 trillion cycles to log data every millisecond for more than 3,000 years
- Tiny footprint (~10mm2) 8-pin GQFN package for small form factors