High-Voltage Resonant Controller IC with PFC for LED Driver
The ICL5101 integrates a half-bridge controller with a PFC stage in a single package. The high level of integration assures a low count of external components, enabling small form factor designs ideal for compact power supplies in lighting applications, such as LED driver.
The PFC stage operates in CrCM and DCM mode, supporting stable operation at low load conditions down to 0.1% of the nominal power. The half-bridge resonant stage – typically in LLC topology – provides high- and low-side gate drive function for discrete MOSFETs rated up to 650 V. Its non-overlap dead time is adaptive from 500 ns ... 1.0 μs.
All operation parameters of the IC are adjustable by simple resistors, this being the ideal choice for cheap and reliable configuration. A comprehensive set of protection features incl. an adjustable external over temperature protection and capacitive load protection ensures the detection of fault conditions to increase the system safety.
Link to Demo Board ICL5101
Summary of Features:
- Supports AC and DC input
- Combined PFC and half-bridge IC
- Integrated high-side gate driver
- Power Factor Correction > 99%, THD < 10%
- High efficiency up to 95 %
- Ultra-fast time to light < 200 ms
- Supports outdoor use by extended junction temperature range from -40 °C to +125 °C
- Stable low load operation mode down to 0.1 % of nominal power rating
- High level of integration resulting in low external component count and cost
- All operation parameters are adjustable with simple resistors to allow simple configuration
- Stable low load operation mode
- Comprehensive protection modes
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.