The BFR840L3RHESD is a high performance HBT (Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor) specifically designed for 5-6 GHz WiFi applications. The device is based upon the reliable high volume SiGe:C technology of Infineon. The BFR840L3RHESD provides inherently good input and output power match as well as inherently good noise match at 5-6 GHz. The simultaneous noise and power match without lossy external matching components at the input leads to a low external parts count, to a very good noise figure and to a very high transducer gain in the WiFi application. Integrated protection elements at in- and output make the device robust against ESD and excessive RF input power. The device offers its high performance at low current and voltage and is especially well-suited for portable batterypowered applications in which energy efficiency is a key requirement. The device comes in a very small thin leadless package, ideal for modules.
Summary of Features:
- Robust ultra low noise amplifier based on Infineon´s reliable high volume SiGe:C bipolar technology
- Unique combination of high end RF performance and robustness: 20 dBm maximum RF input power, 1.5 kV HBM ESD hardness
- Very high transition frequency fT = 75 GHz enables best in class noise performance at high frequencies: NFmin = 0.65 dB at 5.5 GHz, 1.1 dB at 12 GHz, 1.8 V, 5 mA
- High gain |S21|2 = 19 dB at 5.5 GHz, 1.8 V, 10 mA
- Ideal for low voltage applications e.g. VCC = 1.2 V and 1.8 V (2.85 V, 3.3 V, 3.6 V requires corresponding collector resistor)
- Low power consumption, ideal for mobile applications
- Pb free (RoHS compliant) and halogen free very small thin leadless package (package height 0.31 mm, ideal for modules)
As Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) in:
- Mobile and fixed connectivity applications: WLAN 802.11, WiMAX and UWB
- Satellite communication systems: satellite radio (SDARs, DAB), navigation systems (e.g. GPS, Glonass)
- and C-band LNB (1st and 2nd stage LNA)
- Ku-band LNB front-end (2nd stage or 3rd stage LNA and active mixer)
- Ka-band oscillators (DROs)
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.