Infineon releases its second generation AURIX™ microcontroller in embedded flash 40 nm technology. It comes back with an increase in performance, memory sizes, connectivity and more scalability to address the new automotive trends and challenges. This family has more than 20 products to provide the most scalable portfolio of safety microcontroller. In terms of performance, the highest end product TC39x offers 6 cores running at 300 MHz and up to 6.9 MBytes embedded RAM, and consuming below 2 W. Its mirrored embedded flash banks offers A/B swap capabilities.
Summary of Features
- 6 TriCore™ running at 300 MHz (with 4 additional checker cores delivering 4000 DMIPS)
- 16 MB flash / ECC protection
- 6.9 MB SRAM / ECC protection
- 1 Gbit Ethernet
- 12xCAN FD , 2xFlexRay, 12xASCLINs, 4xQSPI , 2xI²C , 25xSENT, 6xPSI, 2xHSSL, 4xMSC , 1x eMMC/SDIO
- 8x400 Mbit/s LVDS Radar Interface
- 2x SPU (Signal Processing Unit) for Radar signal procesing
- Redundant and diverse timer modules ( GTM, CCU6 , GPT12)
- EVITA Full HSM (ECC256 and SHA2)
- ISO 26262 ASIL-D support
- AUTOSAR 4.2 support
- Single voltage supply 5 V or 3.3 V
- Temperatre -40°C to 125°C
- 165°C junction temperature
- Complete Infineon chipset: MCU, front-end MMIC and safe power supply
- Highly integrated solution for performance demanding radar applications
- Fully compatible with TC357TA for more cost effective solutions
- LVDS radar interface
- Lock-stepped radar processor
- High bandwidth radar SRAM
Sensor fusion : As part of cutting-edge autonomous driving systems that can make critical, autonomous decisions, sensor fusion applications must be designed meet the highest safety and security standards. And must reliably provide exceptional performance. That’s where Infineon comes into play .
Highly integrated automotive 77 GHz radar chipset : Thanks to its proprietary radar accelerator IP (SPU), the new TriCore™ AURIX™ TC3xx family will bring another level of performance to radar applications, as well as fulfilling the ever-growing requirements regarding safety and security in the ADAS market.
Automotive 24GHz Radar chipset: Offers cost effective solution for meeting the needs of 24 GHz radar systems.
The new features and increased SRAM, in conjunction with outstanding safety features, enables a high level of integration
and reduction of complexity.
Industrial radar systems 60GHz : 60GHz ultra-wide band (57GHz-64GHz) technology and cognitive sensing capabilities enables ultra-short range applications such as advanced presence detection for power saving in smart gadgets or smart conference room systems, gesture sensing for infotainment systems and mobile devices, material detection, contactless or contact-based vital sign monitoring and also can be used in industrial robotics for collision warning.