32-bit Microcontrollers with ARM® Cortex®-M0 with focus on low-cost embedded control applications. The XMC1400 series devices are optimized for motor control, power conversion and LED Lighting applications and Human-Machine Interface (HMI). Increasing complexity and demand for computing power of embedded control applications requires microcontrollers to have a significant CPU performance, integrated peripheral functionality and rapid development environment enabling short time-to market, without compromising cost efficiency. The performance of XMC1400 will be increased with 70% over existing XMC1000 due to the 48 [MHz] of the core frequency and the 2 Can nodes interfaces.
Summary of Features
- 64.0KB Flash, 16KB RAM
- Supply voltage range: 1.8 - 5.5 V
- Core frequency: 48[MHZ]
- Peripherals clock: 96 [MHZ]
- MATH co-processor for CORDIC & HW Divide
- 16 x 16-bit special purpose timers, dead time generation
- 2 x Hall Sensor & Encoder I/F
- LED brightness & color control module (BCCU)
- 12 channel 12-bit ADC, 2 x parallel sampling
- 8x 96MHz 16-bit special purpose timers, dead time generation
- 4 channel USIC (configurable to SPI, UART, IIC, IIS)
- 3x Comparators
- Temperature Sensor
- Pseudo Random Number Generator
- Real Time Clock
- Watch Dog Timer
- Temperature range: -40 to 105°C
Sense, control, drive, communicate - these tasks are versatile and complex on the field level. But there is a perfect I/O module for every dedicated task. The XMC1400 series with up to 200 kB of flash, 2 CAN nodes, 4 serial channels, 3 x 64 LED matrix control and 9-channel LED brightness and color control is unrivaled when it comes to communication and human-machine interface tasks. XMC1400 is in no way lacking in terms of actuator & sensor control IP as it comes with a 12-bit ADC including 2 sample & holds, 4 comparators and 16 PWM channels.
In general XMC1000 microcontrollers can be found controlling, flying or moving around on board many different types of drones and eBikes around the world.
Some functionalities that makes XMC1000 family suited to motor control application:
- Easy 3-phase inverter implementation with a single CCU8 PWM unit, offering shadow register transfer, external input for fault control, binary and floating pre-scaler, 16-bit to 64-bit width
- POSIF interface to directly connect hall sensors and incremental encoder.
- 12-bit ADC with on-chip adjustable gain of x1, x3, x6 or x12
XMC™ microcontrollers help bring this new dimension into traditional LED lighting systems. With their Brightness and Color Control Unit (BCCU), XMC1200/1300/1400 series products offer an industry-unique module for automatically controlling the dimming level and color of multi-channel LED lamps.
Some Key features of the XMC1000 family for smart lighting applications:
- Tightly interconnected peripherals supporting various digital power conversion techniques
- Automatic exponential dimming and linear intensity changes make brightness or color changes appear smooth and natural to the human eye