TV power supply
For a robust, cost-effective and highly-efficient power supply
More than just boasting outstanding image quality, the latest generation of TVs attracts consumers’ attention with its slim silhouette. But this design trait gives rise to a challenge for thin televisions manufacturers: the TV power supply. Such TVs require a power supply unit (PSU) with a low profile in order to maintain their slender appearance. What’s more, as the market becomes increasingly cutthroat, manufacturers also seek cost-effective solutions to stay competitive.
System diagram: TV power supply – digital non-aux solution
System diagram: TV power supply for TV with a small screen - flyback
System diagram: TV power supply for TV with a large screen - discrete
Your TV power supply partner
Designing a low profile TV power supply starts with the right partner by your side. In Infineon’s broad portfolio of high-quality semiconductor solutions, you will find what is required for your TV power density designs, such as our high and low voltage MOSFETs in surface mounted device (SMD) packages. All feature a good EMI and excellent thermal performance. Moreover, unlike other suppliers, we can deliver our components in large volumes. Also discover our broad selection of controller ICs with comprehensive protection features that are suitable for universal use in TVs of all sizes.
Why choose Infineon?
Use Infineon products and solutions in your TV power supply designs and benefit from:
- Lower costs. By sourcing our non-aux digital solution you save on external components and reduce thermal and assembly costs.
- Lowest power loss. Thanks to our state-of-the-art digital control and lower RDS(on) CoolMOS™ technologies.
- Highest power density. With low power loss and innovative packages.
- A one-stop shop. We offer the most critical semiconductors for all TVs of all sizes.
- High quality. Our PPM failure rate is below 0.2.
- Large production capacity. At the largest power semiconductor manufacturing site, we can accommodate an upsurge in customer demands.
Explore our portfolio of state-of-the-art components to find the right semiconductors for your TV power supply design.
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.