(H)EV - Auxiliary
Because overall efficiency is always a primary concern for (H)EVs, it makes sense to consider bringing further substantial loads to the high voltage domain whenever a high voltage rail is available in a car. For instance, EPS (electrical power steering) for which an auxiliary inverter can be used to control the electric motor required. Other common uses: climate compressor, electric charger (eTurbo) and active chassis control.
For these applications and more, discover Infineon’s broad range of dedicated auxiliary inverter solutions. Whatever your (H)EV needs are, we have the know-how and components to realize them to your specifications.
(H)EV - Auxiliary inverter system diagram
- Fully automotive-qualified product portfolio supporting a wide range of motors, generators and power classes; compact design with high power density
- Isolation-integrated in gate driver
- Highly-efficient 3-phase drive due to very low conducting losses even at high switching frequencies
- Wide range of 16 and 32-bit microcontroller solutions dedicated to (H)EV applications
- Evaluation Kit available to reduce system development time
CoolMOS™ CFD7A - On the fast lane in automotive applications
The newly released HV SJ power MOSFET series, CoolMOS™ CFD7A, merges unrivaled technology know-how with the proven Infineon automotive quality standards - going beyond AEC-Q101. The intrinsic fast body diode and the higher efficiency levels make it a sound device for PFC / DC-DC stages. Typical battery system voltages up to 475 V can be reached and the reduced switching losses result in excellent light- / full-load efficiency. On-board charger designs will become more compact and high-performing.
Do you want to know the various topologies you can find in this power conversion stage and their top-level working principle? Get to know the basic concepts of passive and two-level active rectification methods.
With the growing market of electrical vehicles, the industry has put forward more requirements for the performance of charging piles. This e-learning will show you that the emergence of CoolSiC™ MOSFETs has improved the charging pile industry to make the EV charger smaller, faster and with higher efficiency.
In this training you will:
- Understand what EV DC charging is and what the specifications of a charger module are
- Know the replacement steps from CFD2 to CFD7 or CSFD in LLC topologies to an EV charging module
- Get to know how AURIXTM is able to answer the needs of the electric vehicle market
- Recognize and explore how AURIX™ TC3xx addresses key electric vehicle challenges, and understand the main features of the AURIX™ TC3xx microcontroller
In this video, you will:
- Understand how Infineon’s power semiconductor module portfolio is a solution for the main challenges of the electric vehicle industry
- Know Infineon’s general value drivers as well as recent success stories on the electromobility market
- Get to know why systems require frequent updates, how this is done and how automotive systems try to ensure their security when they are updated
- Learn how AURIX™ families of microcontrollers support over-the-air software updates
In this training you will:
- Understand how HybridPACK™ DC6i can meet the challenges posed by main inverter applications in terms of system requirements, size, cost and time
- Discover HybridPACK™’s DC6i distinctive features, namely the EDT2 and PressFIT™ technology