The BFP840FESD is a high performance HBT (Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor) specifically designed for 5-6 GHz WiFi applications. The device is based upon the reliable high volume SiGe:C technology of Infineon. The BFP840FESD provides inherently good input and output power match as well as inherently good noise match at 5-6 GHz. The simultaneous noise and power match without lossy external matching components at the input leads to a low external parts count, to a very good noise figure and to a very high transducer gain in the WiFi application. Integrated protection elements at in- and output make the device robust against ESD and excessive RF input power. The device offers its high performance at low current and voltage and is especially well-suited for portable batterypowered applications in which energy efficiency is a key requirement. The device comes in an easy to use thin flat package with visible leads.
Summary of Features:
- Robust high performance low noise amplifier based on Infineon´s reliable, high volume SiGe:C wafer technology
- 2 kV ESD robustness (HBM) due to integrated protection circuits
- High maximum RF input power of 21 dBm
- 0.6 dB minimum noise figure typical at 2.4 GHz, 0.8 dB at 5.5 GHz, 6 mA
- 26 dB maximum gain (Gma, Gms) typical at 2.4 GHz, 20.5 dB at 5.5 GHz, 25 mA
- 23.5 dBm OIP3 typical at 5.5 GHz, 25 mA
- Accurate SPICE GP model available to enable effective design in process (see chapter 6)
- Thin, small, flat, Pb- and halogen free (RoHS compliant) package with visible leads
As Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) in
- Mobile, portable and fixed connectivity applications: WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n, WiMax 2.5/3.5/5 GHz, UWB, Bluetooth
- Satellite communication systems: Navigation systems (GPS, Glonass), satellite radio (SDARs, DAB) and C-band LNB
- Multimedia applications such as mobile/portable TV, CATV, FM Radio
- 3G/4G UMTS/LTE mobile phone applications
- ISM applications like RKE, AMR and Zigbee, as well as for emerging wireless applications
As discrete active mixer, amplifier in VCOs and buffer amplifier
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.