XDPL8219 40W reference design
The REF-XDPL8219-U40W is a digitally configurable front-stage HPF flyback converter with a secondary-side regulated (SSR) constant-voltage (CV) output of 54V. An isolated UART reporting evaluation plug-in board is also included in this reference design packaging box. This plug-in board has an isolated uni-directional UART circuit, which can be evaluated optionally, by connecting it to the REF-XDPL8219-U40W.
This reference design is featuring a high -power -factor flyback controller IC with constant -voltage flyback outputcontroller IC (XDPL8219) with secondary- side feedback (XDPL8219). The REF-XDPL8219-U40W It presents excellent power quality over a wide load range and. This design enables exchangeable feedback via pluggable extension boards:
The XDPL8219 has configurable output power limitations. The design provides configurable protection modes for failure during operation.
Summary of Features
- Secondary-side regulated (SSR) constant-voltage (CV) output
- High power factor (HPF) and low total harmonic distortion (THD), across wide AC input voltage range (120Vrms to 277Vrms) and wide output load range (33 percent to 100 percent of full load)
- High efficiency with quasi-resonant mode, switching in valley n (QRMn), across wide input and output load range
- No-load standby power as low as <100mW in active-burst mode (ABM)
- Reporting of system information, e.g. input voltage, line frequency, controller temperature, input voltage loss, and error code of last triggered protection, via uni-directional UART communication
- Aid your design with advanced features of XDPL8219
- Experience the good performance that meets stringent standards
- Accelerate your design process with modular and parametrizations
Modular lighting boards
At Infineon we offer a broad variety of primary side ACDC and secondary side DCDC boards dedicated to LED lighting. The LED lighting boards can easily be stacked together for plug-and-play solutions.