R 12V PDU SWITCH20
12 V High current power distribution switch with core-less hall based current measurement – Demonstration Board
The growing electrification trend and include autonomous driving assistance systems leads to new concepts of power distribution in modern vehicles. Those new power distribution architectures require reliable and fast switching to meet fail operational needs, which is addressed with this reference board. It includes an overcurrent and I-t wire protection plus a separate pre-charge path to quickly start electronic control units with a high input capacitance.
The demonstration board for 12 V board net consists of Power-MOSFET-Transistors in OptiMOSTM (IAUTN04S7N003) technology in back2back configuration in order to cut the current from both directions. To increase current capability a parallel configuration is used. The gates are controlled by the ISO-26262 ready EiceDRIVERTM APD 2ED2410-EM, which offers several protection features. The current measurement is done by a core-less hall based current sensor TLE4972-AE35D5 on the high-side path. No freewheeling diodes are implemented. The nominal switching current is around 200 A with cooling via cables.
Summary of Features
- Power distribution switch for continuous currents up to 200 A
- One high-side output channel in common source back to back MOSFET structure
- One channel for a dedicated pre-charge path up to 30 mF
- Core-less hall based current monitoring on high-side
- Over current protection with adjustable thresholds
- Integrated wire-protection