XDP™ integrated digital power controller with PMBus for isolated DC-DC power applications
The XDPP1100-Q040 is a highly-integrated and programmable XDP™ digital power supply controller. This device offers advanced power control solutions for a wide variety of DC-DC power applications and supports various isolated and non-isolated topologies.
The unique architecture of the XDPP1100-Q040 includes many optimized power-processing blocks to enhance the performance of isolated DC-DC converters, reduce external components, and minimize firmware development efforts. This controller also provides accurate telemetry and a Power Management Bus (PMBus 1.3) interface for system communication, advanced power conversion, and monitoring. Integrated current-sensing capability and compact chip size can greatly reduce the solution size by eliminating many external components, while supporting up to two fully independent voltage loops.
A combination of high-performance AFE, state-machine-based digital control loop, and a microcontroller integrated in a single chip makes the XDPP1100-Q040 a highly integrated, programmable, and fastest time-to-market technology for modern high-end power systems. Hence, it perfectly qualifies for being employed in telecom infrastructures, 48V server motherboards, datacenters, and industrial 4.0 applications. This product is designed to meet power quality and latency challenges and to provide the most optimal solution for high-end power systems.
Summary of Features
- Digitally configurable feedback control supports various control modes
- Including 100MHz, 32bit Arm® Cortex® -M0 processor for customization
- Enhanced dynamic transient performance with VIN feed-forward control
- Low IC standby power
- Flux- and phase-current balancing
- Dedicated hardware peripherals including high-performance voltage and current sense ADCs
- Supporting burst mode, diode emulation, synchronous rectification soft on/off
- Excellent load regulation with Infineon patented, fast transient response-control schemes
- Firmware-based system configuration with GUI support
- Firmware-based system configuration with GUI support for ease of use and product differentiation
- User specific customization and software based design changes
- Pre-programmed peripherals and configurability for faster time to market
- Enhanced control and excellent dynamic transient performance
- Integrated V/I sensing capability for best-in-class system performance, significantly reduced BOM size, and low system cost
- Sophisticated system-level fault handling
- System housekeeping,e. fan control, LED control, sequencing, PGOOD etc., with configurable GPIOs
- High efficiency at light-load management