Stepper motor evaluation board for 200 V half-bridge/high side and low side level shift gate driver IRS2005S/IRS2007S/IRS2008S
The EVAL-PS-IRS200x board is a power drive board including gate driver ICs, MOSFETs, power connector and signal interface. The board is intended specifically for, but not limited to, stepper motor drives connected to an external stepper-motor controller board.
The power stage of the evaluation board EVAL-PS-IRS200x-OM30118SB consists of four phases with individual leg shunt, which is a popular topology for stepper motor driving. The input voltage 24~72 VDC is available for most of the stepper motors on the market. The MOSFETs are selected with IPP180N10N3 G (100 V/18 mΩ), and driven by the 200 V level shift gate drivers IRS2005S/IRS2007S/IRS2008S accordingly.
Each phase leg current is sensed by the leg shunt, and exported to the control interface in differential mode. The board can run a stepper motor by connecting to an external controller. The board is originally soldered with the IRS2005S (positive logic inputs), and can be replaced by two other parts with the same footprint for different logic inputs.
The board is available via regular Infineon distribution partners as well as on Infineon's website.
Summary of Features:
- Four-phase inverter with individual leg shunt, specifically for stepper motor driving
- Double-sized PCB supplies with a low-cost solution
- DC voltage input with fused protection in case of short circuit
- 200 V level shift gate driver IRS2005S/IRS2007S/IRS2008S with -8 V negative transient voltage capability for better ruggedness and different input PWM logics, and undervoltage lockout (UVLO) for both VCC and VBS
- 100 V-rated OptiMOSTM 3 MOSFET IPP180N10N3 G with very low on-resistance (18 mΩ) for a better thermal performance
- The board can run a stepper motor by connecting to an external control board
- Externally imported auxiliary power supply via LED indication
- Natural ventilation with installed heatsink
- IRS2001S/2003S/2004S are not recommended for new designs.
- IRS2001S/2003S/2004S can be directly replaced by IRS2005S/2007S/2008S respectively