Barometric pressure sensor for consumer applications
Infineon’s digital barometric pressure sensor family is the best choice for mobile and wearable devices due to its small form factor, high precision and low power consumption. Pressure sensing is based on capacitive technology which guarantees ultra-high precision (±5cm) and relative accuracy (±0.6 hPa) over a wide temperature range. The sensor’s internal signal processor converts the output from the pressure and temperature sensor elements to 24-bit results. Each pressure sensor has been calibrated individually and contains calibration coefficients. The coefficients are used in the application to convert the measurement results to true pressure and temperature values. All sensors have a FIFO that can store the latest 32 measurements. Since the host processor can remain in a sleep mode for a longer period between readouts, a FIFO can reduce the system power consumption. Sensor measurements and calibration coefficients are available via the serial I2C/SPI interface.
Barometric pressure sensor with very low power consumption, recommended for applications where power consumption is critical and highest precision in pressure metering is required.
DPS422 (coming soon)
Monolithic chip solution having an ultra-small critical area and a very thin package (0.73 mm typ.). Beneath high precision pressure metering, DPS422 offers also highly accurate absolute temperature sensing (±0.4ºC), which is required in applications like weather stations, thermostats, etc.
- Multicopter: Altitude detection and height stability
- Health and fitness: Accurate elevation gain and step counting (e.g. for smart watches)
- Outdoor navigation: GPS start-up time and accuracy improvement; dead-reckoning (e.g. in tunnels)
- Indoor navigation: Floor detection e.g. in shopping malls and parking garages
- Smart home: Micro weather forecasting; room temperature control; intruder detection
- Air flow control: Smart filter replacement alarm (e.g. in home appliances); predictive maintenance
- Health care: Fall detection for elderly people; respiratory devices; smart inhalers
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.