EVAL_SEN_SMART_ALARM Evaluation board and reference design for the Infineon Smart Alarm System
enabled by XENSIV™ IM73A135V01 analog high SNR microphone and DPS310 digital pressure sensor
This evaluation board and reference design is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of the Infineon Smart Alarm System. The board can be used as a hardware and software reference design to build actual products as well as an evaluation board for customers to test and verify the technology for their applications and use cases. The board consists of the Infineon XENSIVTM IM73A135V01 analog high SNR microphone, an XENSIVTM DPS310 digital pressure sensor, a PSoC6 CY8C6145xx microcontroller that is preprogrammed with the Infineon operational firmware together with the (licensable from Infineon) glass break sensor fusion algorithm. The board is optimized for low power battery operation that can extend into a number of years. This is achieved by using an acoustic event detection, designing with low power discrete components and operating the sensors and PSoC6 microcontroller in low power deep sleep modes between alarm events. The board is designed to interface to customers back end communications technologies or Infineon wireless or USB devices. The board support an API to allow customization of the software and flashing different alarm-based algorithms. Infineon current supports glass break, intrusion detection and smoke and carbon monoxide alarm detection algorithms.
Summary of Features
- Advanced sensor fusion design to solve the real-world problem of current home, office, retail, and industrial alarms giving false alarms
- Advanced sensing technology to allow battery life operation to be equivalent or better then current less sophisticate solutions on the market today
- One sensor based on the Infineon Smart Alarm System technology can operate in typical room
- Fewer false alarms means better customer satisfaction and less worry about their home security. If also means fewer or no false call to emergency services
- Battery life up to 5 years is possible (depending on battery configuration). This is in line and better than a lot of sensor on the market today.
- The Smart Alarm System can monitor several alarm conditions such as glass break, intrusion detection and detection of house alarms. This means one alarm system based on Infineon’s Smart Alarm System can replace multiple sensors doing that job today.
- Standalone battery powered alarms sensors such glass break
- Intrusion alarm
- Listening devices for smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detector, baby cry detection, gunshot detection and many more applications for acoustic and sensor fusion alarm devices.