Evaluation board for motor drive applications up to 1.2 kW
The evaluation board EVAL-IKA15N65ET6 is intended to control three-phase motors, plus power factor correction (PFC). The board is equipped with all assembly groups for sensor less field-oriented control (FOC). It includes an EMI filter and soft power-up circuit, an 8-pin iMOTION™ interface connector, the motor controller, a PFC gate drive circuit, an auxiliary power supply, discrete modules, and a three-phase output for connecting the motor.
Summary of Features
- Power factor correction (PFC) control stage with Rapid 1 IDW30E65D1 and TRENCHSTOP™ 5 IGBT IKWH30N65WR6 in a wide creepage and clearance TO-247 package
- 3-phase, 2-level inverter with TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT6 IKA15N65ET6 in TO-220FP, 15 A, 650 V
- Sensor less or hall sensor operation using the TLI4971
- IMD112T-6F040 controller for PFC and inverter operation
- Complete solution for PMSM or brushless DC machines, used e.g. for pumps, fans, washing machines, general purposes drives and power tools up to 1.2 kW
- All devices (PFC & inverter) in through hole standard packages on a common heatsink
- Lower BOM cost due to a single iMOTION™ controller for PFC and inverter functionally together
- Improved efficiency of the inverter via hall sensor
- Evaluation board can be used during the design-in process, for evaluating and measuring characteristic curves, and for checking datasheet specifications.