(H)EV - Auxiliary HV/LV DC/DC
The architecture of electric vechicles comprises at least one low-voltage sub-network with a low-voltage energy storage and multiple electrical loads, and one high-voltage sub-network with a high-voltage energy storage. The auxiliary HV/LV DC/DC job is to enable the bi-directional energy flow between these two electrical subnets.
Your biggest challenges: achieving greatest-possible efficiency and keeping overall system costs in check. The space required for the DC/DC should also be kept to an absolute minimum. Infineon’s portfolio is specially designed to help you overcome these barriers with ease.
(H)EV - Auxiliary HV/LV DC/DC system diagram
- Fully automotive-qualified product portfolio including both power module and discrete solutions
- Supports a wide range of highly-efficient conversion topologies (including bidirectional)
- Compact design with highest power density
- Very low switching losses at high switching frequencies
- Isolation-integrated in gate driver
- High-performance 32-bit microcontroller solutions
- Evaluation Kit available to reduce system development time
With the growing market of electrical vehicles, the industry has put forward more requirements for the performance of charging piles. This e-learning will show you that the emergence of CoolSiC™ MOSFETs has improved the charging pile industry to make the EV charger smaller, faster and with higher efficiency.
Do you want to know the various topologies you can find in this power conversion stage and their top-level working principle? Get to know the basic concepts of passive and two-level active rectification methods.
In this video, you will:
- Understand how Infineon’s power semiconductor module portfolio is a solution for the main challenges of the electric vehicle industry
- Know Infineon’s general value drivers as well as recent success stories on the electromobility market