Cypress Semiconductor has become part of Infineon Technologies: Its product range is a perfect match. Infineon now offers the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio for linking the real with the digital world – comprising an unparalleled range of hardware, software and security solutions for the connected age.
Strengthening the link between the real and the digital world
Today’s advanced driver assistant systems (ADAS) and, perhaps in the future, autonomous cars require precise information about the driver’s focal point and what’s happening inside the vehicle. This is where 3D camera-based, in-cabin sensing applications come in. They recognize driver behavior and deliver this information to the ADAS system so it can react accordingly.
Benefits: increased safety and driver comfort. 3D cameras also enable entirely new HMI concepts and user experiences, for example, gesture recognition and control of infotainment systems.
An optimum solution for in-cabin sensing applications
The latest 3D camera chip from Infineon is based on the Time-of-Flight (ToF) principle and directly measures the depth and the amplitude value in every pixel. The highly integrated single-chip imager is extremely small in size and powerful in performance. Compact, precise and flexible, it is opening up new possibilities in automotive applications.
- Highly robust 3D data based on the Time-of-Flight principle with an outstanding depth performance and lowest power consumption
- Reliable in all ambient light conditions – in sunlight, darkness and changing light levels
- Smallest footprint thanks to single-chip design and monocular 3D camera architecture
- no baseline between active parts
- no risk of misalignment, for example through temperature fluctuations or vibrations
- minimum calibration work
- Reduced computing time, regardless of the color, pattern and structure of objects
Car Security - Communication in the car
Car Security - Why is Infineon the perfect partner?