The DEMOBOARD TLF51801ELV is an evaluation module implementing pre-regulator with high current capability for various automotive applications. It is designed to demonstrate the performance of the TLF51801ELV synchronous buck DC-DC step-down controller from OPTIREG™ Switcher family , which is designed for harsh automotive applications. The board is preset to 5 V output voltage, current limitation is set to ~5 A . There are multiple current sensing topologies supported: via shunt resistor or via RDSON measurement of highside Mosfet. The board is pre-adjusted for shunt current limitation, but both current limiting topologies are offered on the board for more flexibility.
Please also check USB CHARGER DEMO2 demonstrating TLF51801ELV design for USB charging application.
Summary of Features
- Wide Input Voltage Range
- Flexible current sensing topology
- Wide adjustable output voltage range (from 1.2V to Dmax*Vin)
- Dedicated for harsh automotive applications
- Wide temperature range Tj = -40 °C to +150 °C
- General use high current pre-regulator for automotive
- Car Media and Navigation Units
- Dashboards and Cluster instruments
- ADAS , Domain controller