OptiMOS™ Linear FET
Combining a low RDS(on) with a wide safe operating area (SOA)
With Infineon’s OptiMOS™ Linear FET there is no trade-off between on-state resistance (RDS(on)) and linear mode capability – operation in the saturation region of an enhanced mode MOSFET. The OptiMOS™ Linear FET revolutionary approach offers the state-of-the-art RDS(on) of a trench MOSFET together with the wide safe operating area (SOA) of a classic planar MOSFET.
OptiMOS™ Linear FET MOSFETs prevent damage at the load by limiting high in-rush current. This product is the perfect fit for hot-swap, e-fuse (electronic fuse) and battery protection functions commonly found in telecom, server and battery management system (BMS). A new 100 V Linear FET in PQFN 3.3x3.3 also fit for soft start in Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) application.
Available in voltage classes of 60V, 80V, 100V, 150V and 200V, and in package types of D2PAK, D2PAK-7pin, TO-Leadless (TOLL), PQFN 5x6 and 3.3x3.3, OptiMOS™ Linear FET reduce conduction losses, set up faster and have shorter intermissions.
- Wide safe operating area (SOA)
- Low RDS(on)
- High max. pulse current and continuous pulse current
- Multiple packages: D2PAK, D2PAK 7-pin, TOLL, PQFN 5x6 and 3.3x3.3
- Rugged linear mode operation
- Low conduction losses
- Higher in-rush current enabled for faster start-up and shorter down time
- Compatible footprint for drop-in replacement