The ITS4040D-EP-D is a 40mΩ Dual Channel Smart High-Side Power Switch providing integrated protection functions and a diagnosis feedback. With two channels capable of currents of more than 2 A each, very low typical RDS(ON) values of 60 mΩ at Tj = 125°C and the small PG-TSDSO-14 exposed pad package it combines high current capability with minimum space requirements. The exposed pad of the thermally enhanced PG-TSDSO-14 package allows a very efficient heat transfer from the device to inner layers of the PCB by means of thermal vias. The power transistors are built by N-channel vertical power MOSFETs (DMOS) with charge pump.
The ITS4040D-EP-D is specifically designed to switch resistive, inductive or capacitive loads in harsh industrial environments. The ITS4040D-EP-D is equipped with essential protection features that make it extremely robust. Diagnostic information can be read out via the STATUS output (ST). The two channel device can be controlled with two separate input pins. Due to their high voltage capability the input pins can be directly interfaced to optocouplers without additional external components.
Summary of Features:
- Dual channel Smart High-Side Power Switch with integrated protection and diagnosis
- Maximum RDS(ON) 40mΩ per channel at Tj = 25°C
- High output current capability: nominal current up to 2.6 A
- Low and accurate current limitation: 4.1 A (± 20 %)
- Extended supply voltage range up to 45 V
- All control inputs 24 V capable and support direct interface to optocouplers
- All control inputs 3.3 V and 5 V logic level compatible
- 4 kV electrostatic discharge protection (ESD)
- Optimized electromagnetic compatibility
- Very small, thermally enhanced TSDSO-14 package
- Device robustness validated by extended qualification according to JEDEC standard “JESD47J”
- Green product (RoHS compliant)
- Digital output modules (PLC applications, factory automation)
- Industrial peripheral switches and power distribution
- Switching resistive, inductive and capacitive loads in harsh industrial environments
- Replacement for electromechanical relays, fuses and discrete circuits
- Most suitable for loads that require a precise current limit
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.