650 V Half Bridge Gate Driver IC with Integrated Bootstrap Diode (BSD)
Using Infineon thin-film-SOI technology, 2ED2304S06F provides excellent ruggedness and noise immunity. The Schmitt trigger logic inputs are compatible with standard CMOS or LSTTL logic down to 3.3 V. The output drivers features a high pulse current buffer stage designed for minimum driver cross-conduction. The floating channel can be used to drive an N-channel power MOSFET or IGBT in the high side configuration which operates up to 650 V. Additionally, the offline clamping function provides an inherent protection of the parasitic turn-on by floating gate conditions when IC is not supplied.
Summary of Features:
- Infineon thin-film-SOI-technology
- Fully operational to +650 V offset voltage
- Integrated ultra-fast, low RDSON bootstrap diode
- Output source/sink current capability +0.36 A/-0.7 A
- Tolerant to negative transient voltage up to -50 V (pulse width is up 500 ns) given by SOI-technology
- Gate drive supply range from 10 to 20 V
- Independent under-voltage lockout for both channels
- Short propagation delay and delay matching (60 ns, Maximum)
- Schmitt trigger inputs with hysteresis and pull down
- 3.3 V, 5 V and 15 V input logic compatible
- DSO-8, RoHS compliant package
- Integrated Bootstrap Diode for reduced BOM cost
- -100 V negative VS increased reliability / robustness
- 50% lower level shift losses leads lower temperature operation and higher reliability
- Latch-up immune increased reliability
- Flexible, small PCB footprint, & easy to use device with footprint compatibility to IRS2304 / IR2304
Exclusive webinar: every switch needs a driver – the right driver makes a difference
Every power switch needs a driver IC and the wide range of power electronics applications today means that choosing the right driver is a big job. We offer a portfolio of more than 500 gate driver solutions for designs across appliance and industrial markets, and provide application expertise to match our advanced technologies. This deep knowledge underlies our new gate driver IC selection webinar.
The webinar covers gate driver ICs complementary to our IGBTs and Si and SiC MOSFETs, and used integrated in intelligent power modules (IPM). Topics include:
- Level shift portfolio and roadmap
- Advantages of Infineon SOI level shift technology
- Focus applications and markets
- Product portfolio and application positioning
- Galvanic isolated coreless transformer (CT) technology portfolio and roadmap
- Advantages of galvanic isolation
Tom is a senior manager of gate drivers at Infineon Technologies. In his role, he is responsible for product marketing of level shift high voltage gate drivers – silicon-on-insulator (SOI) and junction isolated (JI). His expertise areas include gate drivers markets and applications, sales and distribution, as well as product overviews and introductions.
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.