1200 V, 0.65 A three phase gate driver with integrated bootstrap diode and over current protection in DSO-24 package
By utilizing our 1200 V thin-film silicon-on-insulator (SOI) technology, 6ED2230S12T provides unique, measureable advantages including three low-ohmic integrated bootstrap-diode (BSD) and industry best-in-class robustness to protect against negative transient voltage spikes.
6ED2230S12T is a high voltage, high speed IGBT gate driver with three independent high side and low side referenced
output channels for three phase applications. 6ED2230S12T integrates protective features such as over-current protection with fast, and accurate fault reporting (+/-5%), shoot-through protection, and under-voltage lockout (UVLO) protection integrated in a DSO-24 package. The DSO-24 package (DSO-28 with 4-pins removed) provides the best trade-off between small IC package and clearance distances.
The 6ED2230S12T is well suited for low- power designs up to 6 kW or higher power levels with additional external buffer current driver. When combined with Infineon IGBT modules such as EasyPACK 1B or EasyPACK 2B, designs achieve the best balance between performance, small-form factor, and cost. This is clearly demonstrated with EVAL-M1-6ED2230-B1.
6ED2230S12T belongs to the 1200 V level-shift junction isolated (JI) gate driver family.
Summary of Features
- 1200-V Thin-Film-SOI technology
- Integrated Ultra-fast Bootstrap Diode
- Tolerant to negative transient voltage up to -100 V (Pulse width is up 700 ns) given by SOI-technology
- Output source/sink current capability +0.35 A/-0.65 A
- Over current protection (ITRIP +/- 5% reference)
- Integrated 460 ns dead-time protection
- Shoot-through (cross-conduction) protection
- Integrated input filter for noise immunity
- Independent Under-voltage lockout for VCC and VBS
- Fault reporting, automatic Fault clear and Enable function on the same pin (RFE)
- Matched propagation delay for all channels
- 3.3 V, 5 V, and 15 V input logic compatible
- DSO-24 package (DSO-28 with 4 pins removed for high clearance)
- Integrated bootstrap diode provides space savings, reduced BOM cost, smaller PCB at lower cost with simpler design
- 100 V negative VS increased reliability / robustness
- 50% lower level shift losses leads lower temperature operation and higher reliability
- Latch-up immune increased reliability
- Fast and accurate integrated over-current protection, provides space and cost savings compare to a discrete op-amp component solution while protecting the switches
- Under-voltage lockout provides protection at low supply voltage
- the DSO-24 package (DSO-28 with 4-pins removed) provides the best trade-off between small IC package and clearance distances