High-efficiency OptiMOS™ 70 A integrated power stage with internal current sense
Infineon’s TDA21570, 70 A integrated power stage, contains a low quiescent current synchronous buck gate-driver IC. In addition, the TDA21570 combines control and synchronous MOSFETs along with an active diode structure that achieves low VSD similar to a Schottky Diode with very little reverse recovery charge.
The package is optimized for PCB layout, heat transfer, driver/MOSFET control timing, and minimal switch node ringing when layout guidelines are followed. The paired gate driver and MOSFET combination enables higher efficiency at lower output voltages required by cutting edge CPU, GPU and DDR memory designs.
Operation of up to 1.5 MHz switching frequency enables high performance transient response, allowing miniaturization of output inductors, as well as input and output capacitors while maintaining industry leading efficiency.
Summary of Features
- Integrated driver, active diode, control MOSFET Q1 and synchronous MOSFET Q2
- On-chip MOSFET current sensing and reporting at 5 µA/A
- Input voltage (VIN) range of 4.25 V to 16 V
- Output current capability of 70 A
- Enhanced Fault reporting and identification
- Over temperature protection and thermal shutdown
- Auto-replenishment on bootstrap capacitor
- Compatible with 3.3 V tri-state PWM Input
- DEEP SLEEP mode for power saving via EN= low (32 µA typ)
- Small 5 mm x 6 mm x 0.9 mm PQFN package
- High efficiency
- Industry best current sense accuracy
- Enhance fault identification and reporting
- Advanced protection features like high-side MOSFET short detection, over temp and thermal shutdown
- Low quiescent for power saving via EN = low