Relay Driver IC with Integrated Arm® Cortex® M0
LIN based MOTIX™ Relay Driver ICs provide scalable motor control solutions
The MOTIX™ TLE984x product family brings together the Arm® Cortex®-M0 core and the market proven peripherals. It integrates on a single die all the necessary functions to sense, control and actuate a motor via a relay or via a PN MOSFET Half-Bridge. Produced on Infineon’s first-in-industry automotive qualified 130nm smart power technology, the Infineon MOTIX™ Embedded Power mixed-signal MCU offers an unmatched level of integration as well as system cost to performance optimization for the target application segments.
Our MOTIX™ Relay Driver ICs offer scalability in terms of flash memory sizes ranging from 36kB to 64kB with pin-compatible devices. It is specifically designed to fit to a wide range of LIN-slave motor control applications such as window lifts, wipers, sun roofs, fans and blowers to name a few. The new Infineon Embedded Power IC is supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compiler, debugger, evaluation board, LIN low level driver and configuration tool as well as various software code examples.
Explore the benefits
- Extensive diagnostics and protections are embedded within the System-on-Chip
- Minimum number of external components reduce
- BOM cost
- Part placing
- Purchasing and handling
- PCB sizing
- Compatible software reduces design costs and enables cost efficient PCB thermal design
- Data processing, actuation and sensing are integrated into a System-on-Chip solution with 32 bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 processor
- PCB space saving enabled by a leadless VQFN package with 7x7mm footprint
- Reduces motor control PCB size and weight
QM-parts in Functional Safety Applications (ASIL)
Infineon's MOTIX™ Embedded Power ICs are developed as QM-parts, but nonetheless can be and are already used in a variety of motor control application that require Functional Safety (ISO26262) up to ASIL-B such as but not limited to Window Lift (ASIL-A), Sunroof (ASIL-A), Auxiliary pumps (ASIL-B) or Engine Cooling Fan (ASIL-B).
Infineon offers the following design-in support for its Embedded Power ICs:
- FIT data information (ISO26262)
- Function/Blocks vs. Area Breakdown
If these data is required, please contact your local Infineon partner who can provide you with these information.
Infineon Embedded Power ICs are supported by a complete development tool chain provided by Infineon and third party vendors. The tool chain includes compilers, debuggers, evaluation boards, LIN low level drivers and configuration tools as well as variety of example software code.
For more information about the tool chain installation steps, watch our video "Toolchain Installation for Embedded Power ICs / TLE98xx".
|Toolchain Installation Steps||Company||Description|
Download and Install
Download and Install
|STEP 4||Download the SDK via µVision 5 Pack Installer
(see step 1)
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.
Additional Tools for Design-in
Embedded Power ICs provide a built-in boot strap loader (BSL) for programming the system-on-chip devices over the built-in LIN transceiver or UART. The uIO Stick acts as an interface between the TLE98xx device and a PC. It handles the BSL protocols as well as the physical layers. A PC application (uIO BSL Tool) provides access to all BSL functions of the Embedded Power device.
Micro Inspector Pro is a graphical visualization tool within Infineon Toolbox to interact with Infineon embedded systems based on Arm® Cortex®-M cores.
Micro Inspector Pro in unregistered mode (without entering a license key) allows the complete usage of existing dashboards. With the registered version, saving a modified or newly created dashboard is possible.
The license key to register can be requested via Infineon support channel: https://www.infineon.com/tac
- The Power Dissipation Tool is an interface that helps you estimate the power dissipation and the temperature of the chip. It is available for the whole Embedded Power IC family.
- The Power Dissipation Tool can be installed via the Infineon Toolbox. If you don`t have the Infineon Toolbox yet, please go to Infineon Toolbox and enjoy the release management for updates.
IHR and Vector are proven partners for drivers and driver configuration tools compatible with Infineon´s range of Embedded Power ICs, and support LIN specifications 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1. The offered solution provides a wide range of options for designers, with reliable testing specifications, intuitive operation, and diagnostic services.
Pack File V1.2.0 for TLE984x SDK
- Fixed support for ARMCC compiler v6 [EP-1010]
- Changed clock pin in examples for SSC from P0.1 to P0.3 and now use 'strong driver and sharp edge' mode [EP-1116]
- Added missing .ldf file in LIN example [EP-1025]
- Updated pack folder structure
- HS: Implemented work-around for wrong OT_STS after wake from Stop mode without reset (TLE984xQX Errata sheet v1.0) [EP-399]
- PORT/SCU: Added initialization of port driver strength to PORT_Init function [EP-1091]
- T2: Added option in config wizard to use internal LIN_RXD as external control input for timer2 [EP-1016]
- WDT1: Fixed wrong declaration of global macro "One_us" [EP-1032]
- Added correction for better MISRA compliance
Together with our partners (Preferred Design Houses) we offer an optimized open market customer support for systems using our Embedded Power products. They are trained to provide application- and product-specific support.
(Free of Charge)
to be agreed between customers and Preferred Design House