Reference board for 1200 V CoolSiC™ MOSFET in TO263-7
This Reference Board is another drive card of the CoolSiC™ MOSFET 1200 V evaluation platform and it contains the EiceDRIVER™ 1EDC Compact 1EDC20I12MH with an integrated active Miller clamp preventing parasitic turn-on. The second drive card includes the EiceDRIVER™ 1EDC Compact 1EDC60H12AH allowing a bipolar supply, where VCC2 is +15 V and GND2 is negative.
The CoolSiC™ MOSFET 1200 V evaluation platform including EiceDRIVER™ gate driver IC was developed to show the driving options of the silicon carbide CoolSiC™ MOSFET in TO263-7pin. To show these options, the design was split into one motherboard and two drive cards for SMD. The motherboard was designed for a maximum voltage of 800 V and a maximum pulsed current of 130 A.
Summary of Features
- IMBG120R030M1H already mounted on the daughter card (see REF_PS_SIC_DP2)
- VCC2 gate drive voltage supply from -5 V to +20 V
- VCC1 supply fixed at +5 V
- Gate connection via SMA-BNC connector
- Current measurement via optional Coaxialshunt
- Optimized commutation loop
- External load inductor connection
- Heatsink design allows testing at various temperatures
- Ready to run evaluation test (see REF_PS_SIC_DP2)
- Customer can use the drivecard layout as a reference for their own designs
- It is possible to benchmark all TO-247 3-pin and 4-pin packages (independent from base material technology or manufacturer)
- A modular approach of the motherboard allows future extensions of the platform