Reference board for 1200 V CoolSiC™ MOSFET in TO263-7
This Reference Board is a drive card of the CoolSiC™ MOSFET 1200 V evaluation platform and it contains the EiceDRIVER™ 1ED Compact 1EDI20H12AH with allowing a bipolar supply, where VCC2 is +15 V and GND2 is negative.
The CoolSiC™ MOSFET 1200 V evaluation platform including EiceDRIVER™ gate driver IC was developed to show the driving options of the silicon carbide CoolSiC™ MOSFET in TO263-7pin. To show these options, the design was split into one motherboard and two drive cards for SMD. The motherboard EVAL_PS_SIC_DP_MAIN was designed for a maximum voltage of 800 V and a maximum pulsed current of 130 A.
Summary of Features
- Very low switching losses
- Benchmark gate threshold voltage, VGS(th) = 4.5 V
- Robust body diode for hard commutation
- Sense pin for optimized switching performance
- Negative turn off voltage to avoid parasitic turn on