BLDC Motor Driver ICs
Infineon’s comprehensive product portfolio for BLDC motor control applications
BLDC Motor Driver ICs subcategories
Infineon offers BLDC Driver ICs with advanced features such as built-in protection, monitoring and diagnosis with high level of integration. This is complemented by Infineon microcontrollers, sensors, transceivers, voltage regulators and MOSFETS for whole system solutions.
Infineon’s automotive qualified discrete three phase TLE9180D driver ICs cover high current motor drive applications up to 48V. The products are ideal for a variety of automotive applications such as electric power steering, brake booster, MHEV starter generator, active roll control, HVAC compressor as well as pumps and fans and where efficiency, space savings and monitoring functions are priorities.
Infineon’s automotive qualified Motor System ICs with integrated 3-phase BLDC driver, power supply and communication interface provides a unique level of integration reducing the required board space and amount of component counts. They also feature Infineon’s patented Adapted MOSFET control to improve MOSFET switching, reduce power dissipation and remove external components such as capacitors, diodes or resistors. They are ideal for automotive applications such as transfer case, pumps and fans.
Infineon offers different system solutions to meet customer-specific preferences. Infineon´s extensive offering of intelligent motor control ICs is complemented by microcontrollers, sensors, transceivers, voltage Regulators and MOSFETs to simplify the design of end-to-end system solutions and different integration levels are offered based on different customer needs. The TLE9180D 3-phase driver ICs provide the advanced feature set for high current motor drives upto 48V. The latest innovative product family of the Motor System ICs combines the 3-phase driver with supply and communication interface as CAN FD or LIN.
- High performance with smooth operation from 0…100% duty cycle, precise dead-time control and a high power gate driver stage with typ. 2 A output current
- Reduced BoM due to functional independent phase voltage feedback, safety barrier to protect the MCU, functional independent OpAmps and smart supply concept that is capable to drive external phase separation MOSFETs
- Safety features such as somprehensive and configurable protection modes, detailed diagnosis supporting safety relevant use cases and limp home mode increasing the system availability
- Digital configuration over the SPI interface and diagnostic functions for fast design changes
- Versatility with a wide input voltage range to operate at 12 V, 24 V and 48 V battery voltage domains that fosters platform concepts and enables simplified variant handling
- First IC with integrated half-bridge driver, power supply and communication interface in the market significantly reducing the required board space and amount of component counts
- MOSFET-independent switching time gives the targeted EMC/switching losses trade-off without binning or calibration
- Self-adaption of external MOSFET switching allows balancing of power dissipation vs. EMC performance and reducing the power dissipation in the FW MOSFET
- Reduced amount of external components (e.g. resistor, diode, capacitor) due to Adaptive MOSFET Control
- Extends battery life with very low quiescent current modes
- Meets major car OEM requirements with excellent EMC and ESD performance