World-class low-cost power for fast-switching applications in small SMD packages
Energy efficiency is the most important aspect for electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles. Therefore, Infineon has developed the 650 V TRENCHSTOP™ 5 AUTO technology with H5/F5 optimization to enable highest efficiency fast switching automotive applications such as On-Board Charger, PFC, DC/DC and DC/AC.
TRENCHSTOP™ 5 AUTO is an IGBT technology that enables world’s lowest losses for switching and conduction in its category. The resulting high efficiency enables either an increased cruising range or a downsizing of the batteries for electric vehicles. For hybrid vehicles, it helps to reduce overall fuel consumption. The great performance of TRENCHSTOP™ 5 AUTO offers a cost-optimized solution where engineers were used to use MOSFETs only.
Moreover, TRENCHSTOP™ 5 AUTO technology in an SMD housing, like the D²PAK (PG-TO263-3), even further decreases IGBT solution costs by reducing cost on system and manufacturing level. This comes with the benefit of increased quality control due to automated processes.
Summary of Features
- TRENCHSTOP™ 5 technology with low VCEsat, optimized as H5 variant (High Speed Variant) with softer switching behavior for easier design-in
- 650V break-down voltage, 40A nominal current
- Co-packed with RAPID-1 fast and soft anti-parallel diode
- Very fast switching (up to 150kHz)
- Automotive qualified in accordance to Infineon quality standards
- Max junction temperature 175 °C
- Highest efficiency
- very low conduction losses
- very low switching losses
- Very low junction and case temperature
- SMD D2PAK package for low assembly costs and higher power density
- Extremely robust
- On-Board Charger (mainly in the PFC stage)
- DC-DC or DC-AC
- Auxiliary drive (e.g. Motor drive)