EiceDRIVER™ Compact Isolated Gate Driver ICs
Easy-to-design-in up to 5.7 kV (rms), 14 A galvanically isolated single channel gate driver family with separate output or Miller clamp function in DSO-8 150 mil and 300 mil package
The 1ED Compact family in DSO-8 150 mil narrow body package with functional isolation (9 variants)
- The 1ED-AF products offer up to 10 A output current capability, with separate output.
- The 1ED-MF products offer up to 6 A output current capability, with active Miller Clamp.
The new X3 Compact family (1ED31xx) in DSO-8 150 mil narrow body and 300 mil wide body package (8-mm creepage), fulfilling the highest ioslation standards (14 variants)
- The 1ED31xxMx12H products offer up to 14 A output current capability, with separate output or Miller clamp, in DSO-8 300 mil package with UL 1577 certification VISO = 5.7 kV (rms) for 1 min and VDE 0884-11 certification (reinforced isolation) VIORM = 1767 V
- The 1ED31xxMU12F products offer up to 14 A output current capability, with separate output or Miller clamp, in DSO-8 150 mil package with UL 1577 certification VISO = 3 kV (rms) for 1 min
These galvanically isolated drivers provide driving capabilities of up to 14 A making booster solutions obsolete. The EiceDRIVER™ Compact isolated gate drivers are ideal for applications using traditional switches, such as IGBTs or MOSFETs, but also for leading-edge technologies such as Silicon Carbide (SiC) MOSFET or IGBT7.
The most versatile and simplistic EiceDRIVER™ Compact galvanically isolated drivers are based on our coreless transformer (CT) technology, enabling a world class common mode transient immunity (CMTI) of 200 kV/μs. They are ideal for applications such as solar string inverters, EV charging, UPS, industrial drives, CAC, welding equipment, induction heating appliances, and power supplies for servers and telecommunication systems.
The tight propagation delay matching of our new X3 Compact family (1ED31xx) (7 ns max.), results in shorter deadtime and better accuracy for fast switching applications. All products offer
- Active shutdown to ensure a safe IGBT off-state in case the output chip is not connected to the power.
- Short-circuit clamping to limit the gate voltage during short circuit.
The drivers can operate over a wide supply voltage range, either unipolar or bipolar.
EiceDRIVER™ isolated gate driver certification
1) VDE 0884-10 standard expired Dec. 31, 2019, product and testing remain unchanged.
|1ED Compact 150 mil family||X3 Compact (1ED31xx) family|
This might also interest you
- The EiceDRIVER™ X3 Compact family (1ED31xx), with up to 14 A output current, 2300 V functional isolation, 200 kV/µs CMTI
- Show system benefit of Miller clamp, separate output, active shutdown, short circuit clamping, 7-ns prop. delay matching
- Perfect for CoolSiC™ SiC MOSFET and IGBT7. VDE 0884-11 & UL 1577. For solar, EV charging, industrial drive, UPS, SMPS
You will have a glimpse of the different gate driver technologies available at Infineon and their benefits.
For a better understanding we will take a look at the optimization of external gate resistors to drive MOSFETs in a given application.
With this training, you will learn how to calculate a gate resistance value for an IGBT application, how to identify suitable gate driver ICs based on peak current and power dissipation requirements, and how to fine-tune the gate resistance value in laboratory environment based on worst case conditions.
- EiceDRIVER™ isolated gate driver family use the state-of-the-art coreless transformer (CT) isolation technology
- The CT based isolated gate driver offers higher current, lower power consumption, better CMTI and best in class propagation delay matching
- Perfect for CoolSiC™ SiC MOSFET and IGBT7. VDE 0884-11 & UL 1577. For solar, EV charging, industrial drive, UPS, etc.