3-Phase Bridge Driver IC - Arm® Cortex® M3
Infineon`s 3-phase motor control solutions with CAN or LIN interface addressing BLDC motor applications
The MOTIX™ TLE987x and TLE989x families offer solutions for a wide range of smart 3-phase brushless DC motor control applications like auxiliary pumps and fans. They provide an unmatched level of integration and system cost to optimize the target application segments. In addition to this, they offer scalability in terms of flash memory sizes and MCU system clock frequency supporting a wide range of motor control algorithms, either sensor-based or sensor-less.
Moreover, TLE989x family with integrated CAN-FD interface is developed according to ISO 26262 providing ASIL B and security features.
- High system frequency (60 MHz) and dual flash (read-while-write)
- Smallest fully integrated motor control solution with CAN FD
- ISO 26262 compliance (ASIL B) and context segregation (layered access right management)
- Infineon’s patented Adaptive MOSFET Control (AMC) feature
- Premium design-in support with software, tools and services
The new TLE989x devices use a B6 bridge N-channel MOSFET driver, an Arm® Cortex® M3 microcontroller, and a CAN (FD) controller and transceiver supporting a communication speed of 2 Mbps. Customers benefit not only from fast and robust communication but also from the highest computing performance.
Infineon Developer Community is available 24x7 for you to connect and network with engineers across the globe. Get help from Infineon support engineers, and expert members to solve your design challenges anytime, from anywhere, in any topic, and in your preferred language.
Explore the benefits
- Extensive diagnostics and protections are embedded within the System-on-Chip
- Both the MOTIX™ Embedded Power IC and the external MOSFETs can be protected with a reverse polarity MOSFET
- Monolithic integration minimizes PCB interconnections
- Grade zero variants enable applications up to 175°C ambient
- Minimum number of external components reduce BOM cost, part placing, purchasing and handling, PCB sizing
- Compatible software reduces design costs and enables cost efficient PCB thermal design
- Data processing, actuation and sensing are integrated into a system-on-chip solution with 32 bit Arm® M3 processor
- Due to the platform approach
- Reduced development time
- Temperature scalability
- Solutions up to 1kW
- Simplifies EMC design and improves the EMC performance with slope control
- Pin and software compatible products both for brushless solutions
- Offers intelligent power saving modes including stop and sleep mode, and supports energy management (on demand)
- Intelligent motor control increases efficiency compared to relay based systems
ASIL B and QM-parts in Functional Safety Applications
Infineon`s MOTIX™ embedded power ICs offer support for applications up to ASIL B.
TLE989x family is developed according to ISO 26262 providing ASIL B features, while TLE987x offers QM devices. Nonetheless they can be and are already used in a variety of motor control application that require Functional Safety (ISO26262) up to ASIL-B.
Infineon offers the following design-in support for its MOTIX™ embedded power ICs:
- FIT data information (ISO26262)
- Function/Blocks vs. Area Breakdown
If this data is required, please contact your local Infineon partner who can provide you with this information.
Together with our partners (Preferred Design Houses) we offer an optimized open market customer support for systems using our Embedded Power products. They are trained to provide application- and product-specific support.
(Free of Charge)
to be agreed between customers and Preferred Design House