Evaluate paralleling of CoolGaN™ 600 V HEMTs in half-bridge configurations for higher power applications.
The EVAL_HB_ParallelGaN is an test platform for design engineers who want to investigate parallel operation of Infineon CoolGaN™ to reach higher power levels in their designs. It is possible to check dynamic and static current sharing of individual devices in parallel configuration up to MHz level.
The board also makes a good reference for PCB layout practices to achieve trouble-free operation with extremely fast GaN devices. The board is designed with isolated control and high/low-side driver power supply and drivers provide negative voltage to the gates during off-time to minimize the risk of shoot-through currents due to high dV/dt. A heatsink with insulating thermal pad may be attached to the devices if continuous operation at high power is desired. Gate common-mode inductors included to prevent coupling through the source terminals of the devices that might lead to oscillations.
This system solution is available as Hardware Board or Reference Design.
Summary of Features
- Evaluate GaN paralleling benefits and issues in half-bridge environment
- Configurable for buck, boost or pulsed operation for hard- or soft-switching
- Static and dynamic current sharing can be monitored through separate shunt resistors
- Adjustable dead time
- Doubling the current carrying capacity by effectively halving the RDS(on)
- Single driver can drive two parallel GaN devices
Power supplies (SMPS)
Please be aware of the errata sheet.
02_00 | May 04, 2021 | PDF | 200 kb