Cobots, or collaborative robots, work outside the limitation of a safety cell, in direct interaction with real people. This setup requires a precise set of features. Cobots are designed for safe collaboration with humans while maintaining high productivity. Infineon provides the right semiconductor solutions for smart connectivity and reliability, advanced sensing technologies, quick reaction time, and embedded modular safety functions (ISO TS 15066). Our products support cobot designs up to the highest safety levels.
Design with us your subsystem:
- Efficient power supplies / SMPS for control box integration
- Motor control (motor inverter switches, integrated motor control solutions)
- Sensing (robot sensing, environment sensing, HMI)
- Connectivity ( WiFi, BT, Industrial interfaces, and transceiver)
- Security and safety (embedded security solutions, safety controller and sensor systems)
Cobot power supply (SMPS) show major requirements in efficiency and power density besides reliability and robustness.
- Efficient power conversion and density for control box integration: Get rid of the external control box. Infineon enables the best possible power density in order to assemble the control box in the “foot” of the robot.
- Long life cycle: Typical life cycle goes over 10 years and it takes 3 to 5 years to ramp. Get high-quality products with a stable and reliable supply over the full lifecycle.
Cobot drive specs include up to 7 motor drive systems per cobot arm and require high precision control based on sensors or encoder. All designs support safety levels of SIL2 / SIL3.
- lower losses
- less heat dissipation
- power savings
- Operational Cost savings
- Power dense
- space reduction
- material savings
- System cost savings & space savings
Infineon provides easy-to-use, reliable, and consistently updated software development platforms for the flexible development of your connected product.