PROFET™ +12V | Automotive Smart High-Side Switch
Infineon’s PROFET™+ 12V (PROtected FET) family consists of single, dual and 4-channel protected high-side power switches in PG-DSO-8 and PG-DSO-14 exposed pad package
Infineon’s PROFET™+ 12V (PROtected FET) family consists of single, dual and 4-channel protected high-side power switches in PG-DSO-8 and PG-DSO-14 exposed pad package. With an RDSon from 8 mΩ to 200 mΩ, they are capable to drive loads from 0.5A up to 10A. The automotive qualified high-side switches are well established in the market. Indeed, the SMART6 technology has been proven in the market for almost 10 years. Since its release in 2010 over 1 billion PROFET™+ 12V were delivered worldwide.
PROFET™+ 12V are qualified for automotive applications such as lighting, body control modules (BCM) and heating. The protected high-side switches are able to drive resistive, inductive and capacitive loads. With their vast range of smart features PROFET™+ 12V also replace electromechanical relays, fuses and discrete circuits or can be used for industrial applications. For more information, please go to the section “Where to use PROFET™+ 12V?” below.
PROFET™+ 12V are automotive qualified protected high-side power switches integrating a DMOS power transistor and CMOS logic circuitry.
The 12V smart high-side switches with SMART6 technology are available as single, dual and 4-channel devices and offer an RDSon range from 8 mΩ to 200 mΩ and are capable to drive are capable to drive loads from 0.5A up to 10A. Infineon’s PROFET™+ 12V are available with PG-DSO-8 and PG-DSO-14 exposed pad package.
The 12V smart high-side switches from Infineon provide state of the art diagnostic and protection features:
- very high short-circuit and energy robustness
- protection against overload, overvoltage and short-circuit
- excessive temperature, loss of ground, power supply loss and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) protection
In addition to the protection and diagnostic features, PROFET™+ 12V have further benefits:
- pin-compatibility of the PROFET™+ 12V family with the PROFET™+ 24V family and within each of the individual family devices
- maximum design flexibility, due to identical footprint of the PG-DSO-8 and PG-DSO-14 package
- highest reliability in applications due to outstanding quality
- established and proven products for 10 years
PROFET™+ 12V high-side switches drive resistive, inductive and capacitive loads from 0.5A up to 10A load current. The RoHS compliant and AEC qualified protected devices offer:
- very low stand-by-current (<0,5 µA)
- PWM capability up to 200Hz
- Load dump: 42V
- Operating battery: min= 4.1V; max= 28V
- 3.3V and 5V compatible logic inputs
Infineon offers various support materials:
PROFET™ devices from Infineon address all kind of loads and support with diagnosis and protection functions.
Following loads can be driven with Infineon PROFETTM+ 12V:
- Capacitive, such as LED modules
- Resistive, such as seat heating
- Inductive, such as solenoids
- Electronic, such as ECU
- Relay and fuse replacemet