EiceDRIVER™ 1ED Compact Gate Driver ICs
Easy-to-design-in up to 5.7 kV (rms), 14 A galvanically isolated single channel gate driver family with separate output or Miller clamp function in DSO-8 150 mil and 300 mil package
EiceDRIVER™ Compact gate drivers provide driving capabilities of up to 14 A making booster solutions obsolete. They are ideal for applications using traditional switches, such as IGBTs or MOSFETs, but also for leading-edge technologies such as Silicon Carbide (SiC) MOSFET or IGBT7.
The most versatile and simplistic EiceDRIVER™ Compact galvanically isolated drivers are based on our coreless transformer (CT) technology, enabling a world class common mode transient immunity (CMTI) of 200 kV/μs. They are ideal for applications such as solar string inverters, EV charging, UPS, industrial drives, CAC, welding equipment, induction heating appliances, and power supplies for servers and telecommunication systems.
The tight propagation delay matching of our new X3 Compact family (1ED31xx) (7 ns max.), results in shorter deadtime and better accuracy for fast switching applications. All products offer
- Active shutdown to ensure a safe IGBT off-state in case the output chip is not connected to the power.
- Short-circuit clamping to limit the gate voltage during short circuit.
The drivers can operate over a wide supply voltage range, either unipolar or bipolar.
The two-level slew-rate control function in the new 2L-SRC Compact family (1ED32xx) helps to optimize system efficiency and electromagnetic interference.
EiceDRIVER™ isolated gate driver certification
1) VDE 0884-10 standard expired Dec. 31, 2019, product and testing remain unchanged.
|1ED Compact 150 mil family||X3 Compact (1ED31xx) family||2L-SRC Compact (1ED32xx) family|
This might also interest you
- The EiceDRIVER™ X3 Compact family (1ED31xx), with up to 14 A output current, 2300 V functional isolation, 200 kV/µs CMTI
- Show system benefit of Miller clamp, separate output, active shutdown, short circuit clamping, 7-ns prop. delay matching
- Perfect for CoolSiC™ SiC MOSFET and IGBT7. VDE 0884-11 & UL 1577. For solar, EV charging, industrial drive, UPS, SMPS
You will have a glimpse of the different gate driver technologies available at Infineon and their benefits.
For a better understanding we will take a look at the optimization of external gate resistors to drive MOSFETs in a given application.
With this training, you will learn how to calculate a gate resistance value for an IGBT application, how to identify suitable gate driver ICs based on peak current and power dissipation requirements, and how to fine-tune the gate resistance value in laboratory environment based on worst case conditions.
- EiceDRIVER™ isolated gate driver family use the state-of-the-art coreless transformer (CT) isolation technology
- The CT based isolated gate driver offers higher current, lower power consumption, better CMTI and best in class propagation delay matching
- Perfect for CoolSiC™ SiC MOSFET and IGBT7. VDE 0884-11 & UL 1577. For solar, EV charging, industrial drive, UPS, etc.