LITIX™ Basic +
A complementary family of linear current source devices as extension of LITIX™ Basic
LITIX™ Basic+ product family offers state-of-the-art current accuracy to fulfill worldwide OEM requirements.
1 to 3 output channels offer optimized scalability and help to reduce system costs.
Further system cost reduction is achieved by sharing the same external components for common diagnosis and PWM dimming functions.
LITIX™ Basic+ precisely controls the LED brightness by using the integrated PWM engine with its outstanding accuracy; the combined current accuracy in this case is rated as best-in-class.
The family addresses a broad range of applications with its extended output current range from 5 mA up to 360 mA.
The power shift feature for high-current applications supports a smaller PCB area and robust thermal management.
LITIX™ Basic+ offers high design-in flexibility with its selectable fault management modes; it simplifies the implementation of different regional specifications.
In addition, the enhanced diagnosis allows the detection of any kind of LED failure.
LITIX™ Basic+ provides the most flexible Single LED Short (SLS) feature in the market: the devices can either go to a latched off-state, active retry or simple diagnosis without channel deactivation.
The LITIX™ Basic+ product family is suited for exterior LED lighting and as well as other LED applications.
Why use Infineon’s LED Driver LITIX™ Basic+?
- Most flexible SLS in the market: either latched or active retry possible
- Least number of add. components needed
- Several fault management modes selectable (OL, SC & SLS)
- Error network concept (<=16 ICs per net)
- Conducted emission: Result below CISPR25 Class V in SLS retry (or PWM) mode
- Inducted immunity (up to 300 mA): Very good results
- Programmable output current accuracy with LITIX™ Basic+ Companion TLD1114-1EP
- Good accuracy @ low IOUT & Low drop @ high IOUT
- Current consumption during fault condition (all channels deactivated): IS(fault, OUT) <1.25mA
- Current consumption during fault condition triggered from another device sharing ERRN bus (all channels deactivated): IS(fault, ERRN) <850µA
The Infineon Developer Center integrates helpful software to support our customers and reduce their design-in efforts.
LITIX™ Basic+ dimensioning tools, as well as other software for LITIX™ products and more, are available in the Infineon Developer Center.
|The Single LED Short dimensioning tool evaluates the performance of LITIX™ Basic+ TLD2132-1EP, TLD2131-3EP and TLD2331-3EP single LED short (SLS) diagnosis based on the system requirements and the selected LED specification|
The Power Shift dimensioning tool calculates the external resistors needed for the Power Shift feature of LITIX™ Basic+ TLD1114-1EP based on the system requirements. It provides a graphical representation of the current split between the internal power stage and the power shift circuit as well as the power losses over the device and the power shift resistors over the supply voltage