The TLF35584QVHS1 is a multiple output system supply for safety-relevant applications supplying 5 V-μC, transceivers, and sensors by an efficient and flexible pre-/post-regulator concept over a wide input voltage range.
The wide switching frequency range allows optimization in respect of efficiency and usage of small filter components. A dedicated reference-regulator supplies the ADC independent from μC-load steps and acts as tracking-source for the 2 independent sensor-supplies. The flexible state machine, wake-up concept including timer, and the stand-by-regulator favors the usage in numerous applications.
Multiple safety features enable easy realization of ASIL-D together with various Microcontrollers (μCs). The TLF35584 is coming in small, Grade 0 thermally enhanced VQFN-48 suitable for automated optical inspection.
The TLF35584 is featured as power supply and safety monitor on the Hitex ShieldBuddy AURIX™ TC375.
- The device is PRO-SIL™ ISO26262-compliant and fulfils the properties required by the ISO26262 (Automotive Safety) Standard (for more info visit www.infineon.com/PRO-SIL).
Required safety integrity functions to reach ASIL-D efficiently on system level are already implemented: UV/OV-monitoring of all rails with independent reference, detecting dependent failures by flexible watchdog-concept, monitoring of μC’s safety management unit, and a safe state controller providing secondary safety paths. A built-in self-test is ensuring the proper function of the relevant safety features. All features are perfectly aligned to the Infineon’s AURIX™-requirements, but are extended to support other μCs as well. All safety-relevant configurations are protected and can only be changed by special, successfully performed unlock/lock-sequence.
Furthermore PRO-SIL™ ISO26262-compliant product development follows a product specific safety plan defined by Infineon. The product development follows the Infineon V – model based development lifecycle which encompasses all ISO26262 required activities and work products related to the product scope. Product relevant safety requirements and required metrics are captured and verified through the development of the product, this includes the product safety concept and ultimately a product safety case which provides the argumentation and evidence showing achievement of the defined safety requirements and process compliance, including all essential supporting processes.
An independent functional safety management organization supports the ISO26262 conform safety lifecycle. For ISO26262-compliant products a Safety Manual and a Safety Analysis Summary Report are available* in addition to Infineon standard documentation.
Moreover Infineon offers expert support for system integrators to achieve the required ASIL on system level. Infineon’s activities result in a simplified integration in safety-related applications.
Summary of Features
- Enable target Grade 0, up to 1000h HTOL at Tj = 175°C
- Capability to go beyond Grade 0
Pre-/post-regulator concept: boost and buck/LDOs and trackers for
- μC (main, ADC/reference, StBy)
Integration of functional safety (features supporting ASIL-D)
- Flexible watchdogs
- Safe state controller with 2 outputs
- Extended lifetime in a leadless and smaller package
- Efficiency and flexibility
- Enables ASIL-D on system level
- Easy ISO26262 implementation by full documentation set
- Engine Management
- Transfer Case
- Integrated Starter Generator
- Battery Management
- Electrical Power Steering
- Electr. Steering Column Lock
- Braking, Electr. Parking Brake
Access to complete OPTIREG™ PMIC technical documentation including data sheets, app notes, etc.:
- To get access to the full technical documentation you need access to the MyInfineon Collaboration Portal
Please register* under myinfineon.com with your company e-mail address and with this, request access to the MyInfineon Collaboration Portal.
(*If you are already registered at myinfineon.com, follow the guideline from page 6.)
- Click here to see the step-by-step instructions to get registered.
- In case you need further assistance, please fill in the form to our Technical Assistance Center or contact email@example.com